Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this really a selling point?

Do you think we could have a few more vagely on topic posts?
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by tony hollis View Post
    "uk misery arse disco's, we'll tell you when to enjoy the night" hhahahahaa we're sorted lads.

Careful ... I have a penchant for spoof websites

Anyway, what was the topic again?

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    Careful ... I have a penchant for spoof websites

Anyway, what was the topic again?
    Nope. Not showing on Google just yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Do you think we could have a few more vagely on topic posts?
    A USP? I suppose it could be. If you're doing discos for the "young 'uns" or the "yoof" then this could be a great selling point. And you wouldn't need to spend a fortune on your own track library as you could just play tracks of everyone's personal / portable MP3 players.

Hmmm. Now there's an idea to bring in savings!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

It will appeal to some people- and I guess that's a reason to put it on there.
    Whether it's a good idea or not is an entirely different debate....

It could lead to a whole load of trouble and a ruined evening, as you could end up playing some really obscure stuff and appealing to a handful of people instead of reading the audience and trying to please most of them

Quote Originally Posted by tony hollis View Post
    It could lead to a whole load of trouble and a ruined evening, as you could end up playing some really obscure stuff and appealing to a handful of people instead of reading the audience and trying to please most of them
    But isnt that just the same as someone asking for some obscure track anyway? You'd have a listen first and decide whether it would suit the crowd/mood. I personally wouldn't have a problem playing a tune off a iPod or phone if I didn't have a song and it was requested. As professionals we should be able to deal with occasional bad requests and bring it back on track. Just because you have floor-clearing songs in our library it doesn't mean we have to play them if they are requested.

Quote Originally Posted by dj foureyes View Post
    I personally wouldn't have a problem playing a tune off a iPod or phone
    So the fact that it would be of a considerably lower bitrate than the rest of the stuff you're playing wouldn't bother you then?

As I said in post#3 sound quality would be an issue.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by dj foureyes View Post
    But isnt that just the same as someone asking for some obscure track anyway? You'd have a listen first and decide whether it would suit the crowd/mood. I personally wouldn't have a problem playing a tune off a iPod or phone if I didn't have a song and it was requested. As professionals we should be able to deal with occasional bad requests and bring it back on track. Just because you have floor-clearing songs in our library it doesn't mean we have to play them if they are requested.
    What about the quality of the track though, it might be 96 kpbs for all you know and would sound awful through a half decent P.A. You'd still play it?

I'd never use a clients ipod/phone etc. Despite the availability of mobile internet, I still don't download at gigs....if I haven't got it, they don't get to hear it!

Oh, and I'll cover the midlands!
    Jonathan Ford's Travelling Discotheque http://www.jftd.co.uk/
    Thoughtful mobile disco entertainment across the Midlands

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wild View Post
    What about the quality of the track though, it might be 96 kpbs for all you know and would sound awful through a half decent P.A. You'd still play it?
    I would see what the sound quality was like and if it was noticably bad, of course I wouldn't continue playing it or any other requests that were provided.

I personally wouldn't advertise the fact that I am quite willing to use customers' equipment to play music but there is a limit as to what I'd use.