Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac vs pc

Quote Originally Posted by ianforest View Post
    That's because all Mac are products ARE better than Windoze and Microshaft. We don't just make this up! If you used a Mac you would see this too! If every Mac owner is telling you this there's some truth in it!

A second hand Macbook Pro, you'll easily get one or a higher spec unibody standard Macbook.
    Is second hand a gpod idea though? They could been stolen or something?

That's because all Mac are products ARE better than Windoze and Microshaft. We don't just make this up! If you used a Mac you would see this too! If every Mac owner is telling you this there's some truth in it!

A second hand Macbook Pro, you'll easily get one or a higher spec unibody standard Macbook.
    What a load of utter rubbish!! I've seen Apple from the inside (as I've already said) and I prefer PCs. I think that says it all! From my viewpoint, Apple sells hype, pure and simple. From my personal experience, it is more hype than substance. Remember the iPhone that couldn't receive a mobile signal if you held it in the wrong hand? Remember the iPhone batteries that got so hot they caused burns to peoples skin? Or what about the top-of-the-range MacBook Air that used display technology that was heavily flawed, faded to grey when awakening from sleep mode or developed a major horizontal flicker? And what about the MacBook Pro flaw that uses a micro-processor to monitor the battery which can be, quite easily in reality, hijacked by hackers who could, as a bad-case scenario, over-charge the battery causing it to catch fire. Hmmm. Or, going back a few years, what about the Apple Macintosh PowerPC, a hybrid Mac-PC technology that didn't catch on because it didn't really work! I was part of the UK launch for this range of machines and, imo, Apple Macintosh shouldn't have gone there. Should I leave it there or should I go on?...

Apart from all the flaws, my biggest concern about Apple products is the elitest prices. I really don't believe that a MacBook should be 50-60% more expensive than a comparative PC running at the same or very similar spec. But while people think they are buying a product that is infinitely superior to anything else on the market, then this situation isn't going to change.

To put the record straight, though, I am not anti-Apple. I agree that they have some really good, and useful, products but I know that Apple isn't the be-all and end-all in the world of technology - a fact that some Apple users are just too-blinkered to see.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie123 View Post
    I've always had pc but recently I've got an iMac, i like it but I love pc and find the pc easier to work with. The problem is I have found that they can not be very stable and crash/freeze quite a lot. What of would you reccomend me for about £400 - £500?
    Sorry Charlie. Just seen your post.

Have a gander at this:

Toshiba Satellite P750-15L

A little bit over your £500 budget but just look at the spec on this machine - 8Gb of RAM and 640Gb HDD for less than £600. This is the model I'd go for now if I was looking for a new laptop today.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Is second hand a gpod idea though? They could been stolen or something?
    And how will you know that anyway. you will get a good machine.
    Depends what you buy and how you bid. if your no good on Ebay then forget it.

May sell my one soon if your interested? Also that laser.

Is buying a used MacBook a good idea? Couldn't they have had things spilt on them or something?
    Most PC's I have seen have been flimsy and plastically although I am sure all are not. But the siolid high performance ones are just as (if not more) expensive than macs. I have owned unibody plastic mac for years and they are as solid as can be.
    The aluminum ones are far more solid and properly built so not sure where that comment came from?

Walk around BPM show (trade show for DJ's) and count how many stalls are using macs. Much be at least 95%.
    Last edited by yourdj; 09-04-2012 at 02:07 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    Sorry Charlie. Just seen your post.

Have a gander at this:

Toshiba Satellite P750-15L

A little bit over your £500 budget but just look at the spec on this machine - 8Gb of RAM and 640Gb HDD for less than £600. This is the model I'd go for now if I was looking for a new laptop today.
    Thanks, what do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    And how will you know that anyway. you will get a good machine.
    Depends what you buy and how you bid. if your no good on Ebay then forget it.

May sell my one soon if your interested? Also that laser.

Most PC's I have seen have been flimsy and plastically although I am sure all are not. But the siolid high performance ones are just as (if not more) expensive than macs. I have owned unibody plastic mac for years and they are as solid as can be.
    The aluminum ones are far more solid and properly built so not sure where hat comment came from?

Walk around BPM show (trade show for DJ's) and count how many stalls are using macs. Much be at least 95%.
    What mac would you sell? And how much?

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    But how many are using Macs because they think they should be seen using Macs? In other words an image thing.
    My 2p worth is this, I've got a MacBook Pro running OSX, Windows XP and UbuntuStudio (all care of BootCamp) and an Acer 'something or other' running XP and Ubuntu. Is there any difference between them? No, not really, it's all just personal preference. You will pay more (much, much more!) for anything Apple and it won't be as easy to upgrade hardware.

You've just proved my point Ian.

Image is everything.

Mac's aren't just smoke and mirrors - they are excellent in my opinion.
    I'm using an IMac that's over 4 years old and has never been rebuilt, has had Tiger, then Leopard, then Snow Leopard then Lion put on - one after the other and is still slick. To be honest I've never had a PC that long which continued to perform like it did on day one.

...and my Betamax is better than your Atari ST. (not sure i got that comparison of brand bickering correct). Anyway, more than one brand of lappy/maccy/compy will do the job.

Also, not sure who said it, but "Walk around BPM show (trade show for DJ's) and count how many stalls are using macs. Much be at least 95%"... At least? That's not giving much of a margin... 96, 97, 98, 99 and 100 in fact. From memory, wandering around before public doors closed etc, the mac ratio was closer to 60% I'd estimate - and there was a reason for me looking as I desperately needed a mac video adaptor and was hoping to scrounge one from another stand.

Also as far as mac "product placement" at shows and on TV etc, there's a reason for its "popularity" in such situations... And I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a secret but Apple offer some free (or heavily subsidised) loans of their kit to large exhibitors at such events.
    ... Soon be Christmas