Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Newbie to Karaoke reverb etc

Default Newbie to Karaoke reverb etc

Hello

I havent ever really paid to much attension to a eq for a microphone before which is bad i know!

I recently purchased a behringer eurorack 1204 fx which has all the eq you could ever want or should i say more than i ever had before haha

My question is, im starting karaoke up in my local pub (resident dj) and starting to take karaoke abit more serious haha now i have a equilizer for my microphone i dont know what to do first? should i adjust the singers voice with the eq first then add a little bit of reverb if they are shockingly bad!? if so what do you look at for in the sound? reverb etc how much reverb?

any help would be great

thanks

I'm at work at the moment so not much time but if this hasn't been answered by tonight I'll add some comments about mic fx!

Or, Axeman is online at the moment - he'll be good to get advice from!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

thanks pal

Hi, i tend to set up the mic to suit me at the start, but no matter what yu do you'll have to keep adjusting it...as the room fills with people you need more volume on the master, causing the mics to feedback so you tweak them down a little also as their are so many different types of karaoke singer, some with loud booming voices, some quiet little mouses, it's a constant throughout the night to keep adjusting and tweaking.
    "Flexability - versatility and a sat-nav !!"

BeatRoute Mobile Disco & Karaoke covering Sunderland, Durham, & Tyne and wear areas.

Quote Originally Posted by axeman View Post
    Hi, i tend to set up the mic to suit me at the start, but no matter what yu do you'll have to keep adjusting it...as the room fills with people you need more volume on the master, causing the mics to feedback so you tweak them down a little also as their are so many different types of karaoke singer, some with loud booming voices, some quiet little mouses, it's a constant throughout the night to keep adjusting and tweaking.
    +1 to that , I constantly have a hand on the gain control , while one person holds the mic about arms reach away , others darn near eat the thing , personally I find Karaoke more stressful than a disco...

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

because now i have eq for mic what would stop them from getting feedback other than turning the gain down what changed would you adjust on the eq to stop feedback whats the culprit