Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just saw this article -lol

Default Just saw this article -lol

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...f-with-DJ.html

You can imagine how the night was going - Groom had probably choose some personal favs from the 80s era ( not really song that work a dancefloor) DJ read the crowd and pup on shout by LULU as we all know dancefloor filler and then this - But DJ was told to stick to playlist

ok, so it's a bit of an over-reaction, but I think we have all felt threatened by some drunken punter from time to time.

We don't know exactly what happened and you kind of expect a bit of verbal abuse from time to time and just shrug it off but maybe it was more than that?

Whats more interesting is the comments by other readers underneath! I know the Sun has a terrible reputation but some of these comments, seriously??

''Sue the DJ''

''i hate it when you book a dj and they say yes we have all those songs then dont play what you wanted, they used to pride themselves once on getting the floor filled but not anymore''

''stupid DJ maybe he's thinking he was spinning at a club that he needed to wait for the right breaks to mix the next requested track because either he's an amateur and doesn't know how to drop mix whatever BPM the track maybe. he probably could have gotten tips had he played the requested track. i mean this is a wedding, you don't have all night to do a programming like your in a club''

''I think I would be visiting some of those nice ambulance chasing lawyers to sue both the hotel and the deejay. What a stupid deejay.''
    DJ should play what ever is being requested, he is being PAID!!!!''

''
    long live lightboxes..........lots of em!!!

In the interests of Balance ?
    The annoyed 'punter' was the Groom, who had paid the DJ and requested an 80's theme. The DJ then chose to deviate and play a 60's track and when questioned about it, rather than apologise and swiftly return to what he was instructed to play, chose to make a complaint that he had been threatened, which triggered a rather OTT response from the Police.
    The whole situation seems to have arisen form an "I know better" attitude on the part of the DJ. ?
    The Keyboard is mightier than the Sword ?
    Occasions Of Excellence For One & All In Cornwall

Quote Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
    In the interests of Balance ?
    The annoyed 'punter' was the Groom, who had paid the DJ and requested an 80's theme. The DJ then chose to deviate and play a 60's track and when questioned about it, rather than apologise and swiftly return to what he was instructed to play, chose to make a complaint that he had been threatened, which triggered a rather OTT response from the Police.
    The whole situation seems to have arisen form an "I know better" attitude on the part of the DJ. ?
    Agreed.

It sounds like a complete communication failure on the part of the DJ, both ahead of the event to determine what should and shouldn't be played, and then when the error had occurred in effectively placating the customer. Both skills that are pretty basic requirements when dealing with stressed/drunken/demanding/particular customers.

To me it sounds like the DJ went out of theme, groom has come over (drunk) and kicked off, DJ felt threatened and raised the alarm. Could have been handled better by both sides really.
    long live lightboxes..........lots of em!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Javlingames View Post
    To me it sounds like the DJ went out of theme, groom has come over (drunk) and kicked off, DJ felt threatened and raised the alarm. Could have been handled better by both sides really.
    Agreed and I also don't think all of the facts have been printed. A small disagreement over one song and 15 officers and a helicopter turn up?

Doesn't make sense to me.

Could be worth reading some of the comments on the Sun page from people who were actually at the Wedding ?
    The Keyboard is mightier than the Sword ?
    Occasions Of Excellence For One & All In Cornwall

Could be worth reading some of the comments on the Sun page from people who were actually at the Wedding ?
    I wasn't so much meaning that - no-one was party to the conversation between the groom and DJ so we don't know what was said. Also, is there any information about the groom? Is he a former offender etc?

Where would that be then?