Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: I have produced a DVD - where/how can I sell it?

Default I have produced a DVD - where/how can I sell it?

I have just finished producing an instructional DVD on how to make biofuel.
    its a bit DIY, but thats how its supposed to look.

Basically a more polished version of the films i do for Djing.

My questions is this:

where can I sell this and how?

DVD'S:

DVD's would be an easy option but cost money.
    I was thinking of getting 100 done and starting off with Ebay as that is where lots of bio people by equipment. What other sectors can I sell it? Amazon springs to mind?

DOWNLOADS:

Also does anyone know of how and where I can sell downloads of the DVD. Obviously it would have to be somewhere where an individual (usually men) will be looking.

I am marketing and selling it worldwide - especially in USA and Australia.

Thanks in advance.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Without sounding negative as I quite admire your pro-active money making attempts, but why would people pay for it when "How to make Bio-diesel" videos are plastered all over youtube?

£4.27 on the bay of e,

OVER 90 MINUTES OF COMPREHENSIVE VIDEO INSTRUCTION

+ 2 INFORMATIVE E-BOOK GUIDES

its a great idea and I'm not poo poking it but what if say i followed your ins ructions and my car went bang or wouldn't start - which is possible with home brewed bio.
    Having worked with the stuff for a few years the only good stuff is what is commercially made in a proper plant much like diesel itself.
    yes engines run on it but you will encounter problems with home made bio - believe me i speak form experience.
    Then there the fact it burns ghostier and faster means you use more of it so when you compare the year end running costs of properly made bio vs derv you'll more than likely do what i did and not bother.

But good luck with the venture and as i say not trying to poo poo it - i also admire what your doing but thought id mention the above.

I think Hammy is right that the bay is more than likely the best place or maybe a simple one page website with all the info with a paypal option or something then advertise on Facebook like lots of these 'loose weight now' people do then you can hit your target audience quick and easy??

could you have it as a downloadable mp4? how long is the movie? Possibly to big for this but then you could have a pay and receive and instant download link

Quote Originally Posted by mattred View Post
    could you have it as a downloadable mp4? how long is the movie? Possibly to big for this but then you could have a pay and receive and instant download link
    maybe get it on iTunes??

I am not asking if its a feable product. I am asking how to sell it, but thanks anyway

The one for £4 is quite frankly crap compared to mine - we have just been having a laugh at it actually
    There is another one from Paddy a member of the veg forum and oily-bits and thats not even as good as mine either.

With the marketing in place and the right product it will sell and i have no doubt of that. Its a proper instruction on how to do it properly, but thats not what I am asking. Any more useful info on how to sell this?

Quote Originally Posted by mattred View Post
    thanks + itunes comment

Not sure i have not finished editing.
    I think its about 1 hour?

I was thinking of getting some proper DVD's done with barcodes and packaging.
    Its not cost anything to produce so i will put all the cost into that and marketing.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

You could put it on a restricted part of a website and sell access to it.

Perhaps split it up into several separate lessons with text notes alongside each one, diagrams, links to suppliers etc.

No lengthy downloads and no dvd printing costs - it would mean you could sell it more cheaply (or make a greater profit!).

Customers pay online and are then emailed their own unique login.

You could sell it all-in-one, per lesson and/or offer a deal on buying access to the online videos + a hard copy DVD if you were going down that route. There are lots of possibilities.

You can do this on my sites (I'd do you a good deal if you wanted it this month - £100 set up + £19.99 per month). But I'm sure other systems do this as well - maybe Wordpress? It would be worth googling 'membership website' and similar search terms to see what's on offer.