Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancefloors - Advice / Help / Recommendations Please

Default Dancefloors - Advice / Help / Recommendations Please

Hi all,

This is in the early stages at the moment but I am looking into be able to supply and install dancefloors.
    I just thought I'd post some initial thoughts on it and see where I go from there following your advice and tips etc.

It's something that I have been thinking about for a while and I have someone who wants to invest in purchasing 2 of them to start off with.

So, choices first...
    Those that already supply dancefloors - What do you find the most popular sellers?
    My first thoughts are a white led one and maybe either a black led one or saturday night fever style one.

I have had a number of enquiries for dancefloors over the last couple of years and have either passed on the enquiries or said that I am unable to supply them. I have a booking next week at Northbrook Park and the customer has hired in a white led dancefloor. She said the classic "It's a pity that you were unable to supply one as I would have liked to have booked everything with you". This seems to be a common thing and luckily I got booked anyway for the Disco following a recommendation but I'd be interested to know how many Disco jobs I have missed out on in the past because I haven't been able to supply the dancefloor.

So, firstly...what's the first point of call?
    Any links to suppliers would be great.
    If I can get it up and running before the end of the year (which may happen) then all good but I am really looking at being able to offer them as a service from January.

I've also mentioned it to a few venues who are interested in it too and once I have them, I'll promote them hard on the website etc.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you may have.

Just a bit of extra information:
    I am looking at being able to supply a dancefloor and disco as a package but will take on jobs for dancefloor hire only. The guy who is going to invest with me will be able to store them in his lock up and will also be up for delivering them and installing them aswell should I not be able to due to working elsewhere.
    If it works out successful, we will get more but are going to start off with just the two.

I will be keeping my eye on this thread as I get a few customer ask about this most weeks and I know I have lots jobs in the past cause I can not directly supply

Forgive me but with all the best will in the world I don't think you will find that kind of information imparted easily on here.
    1) It's not disco related and it's a mobile disco forum.
    2) ROI/Profits are much higher than 'mobile discos' so suppliers will be less likely to give away info to 'competition'.

Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
    Forgive me but with all the best will in the world I don't think you will find that kind of information imparted easily on here.
    1) It's not disco related and it's a mobile disco forum.
    2) ROI/Profits are much higher than 'mobile discos' so suppliers will be less likely to give away info to 'competition'.

Just my thoughts.
    ...and I think you'd be surprised at the members on here. If someone has the information, they are usually willing to share.

If they didn't, the forum wouldn't have lasted very long.

Even members supplying similar services (eg dancefloors) located near each other have chosen to work TOGETHER, rather than just viewing each other as competition and shutting each other out, and AFAIK, there's no-one (or at least not very many) suppliers in Gary's area.

Ahem...

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    So, choices first...
    Those that already supply dancefloors - What do you find the most popular sellers?
    White starlit

So, firstly...what's the first point of call?
    Any links to suppliers would be great.
    http://www.portablefloormaker.co.uk/ http://www.portableflooring.co.uk/

To be honest, like everything, there was big money in this, but as per usual quite a few DJs have bough them and are putting them out for silly money pushing the prices right down. 3 years ago, you'd get £600+ for a 12 x 12 white starlit and now you'd be lucky to get £350.00

Thanks for the information Darren.
    Wayno - Not sure what you're going on about to be honest....??

"It's not Disco related and it's a mobile disco forum.."

Excuse me?
    Of course it's Disco related and yes, it IS a mobile disco forum, hence my posting on it. The reason I posted is because members of the forum ARE helpful and are willing to share their advice. If I thought different then I wouldn't have posted.

Darren, there aren't that many suppliers in my area really. The lady that I mentioned previously for next weeks wedding has ended up getting one from someone around 25 miles away from me (other direction to you) and it was the cheapest she could find at £500.00 (white starlit 12 x 12).

Since I posted this thread earlier today, I have had a call back from a lady that has booked me for her party at her house. She has enquired about a dancefloor too so I have sent her a link to your site Darren.

I need to speak to the guy who is investing with me but my first thoughts are white starlit because of that wow! factor.

Angela, thanks for your comments too.

we have recently purchased a white starlit and a black starlit, both 16 x 16 and can be put together to make a large 32 x 32 checkerboard style, Most popular going out is the white or a checkerboard and 16 x 16 seems to be the most popular size in all styles.

Try to get a black and a white that can be interlinked that way you can play about and make lots of designs, like white border on black etc
    Maidstone Based Professional Disco
    www.lasersounds.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Ahem...
    Sorry - I never think of you as being in the same area.... I always think Gary's further away from you than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Sorry - I never think of you as being in the same area.... I always think Gary's further away from you than he is.
    20 miles down t' road.