Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dancefloors - Advice / Help / Recommendations Please

Thank you Ben, I appreciate your comments as do I everyone elses.
    I have spoken to a friend in the last couple of weeks who works for a big marquee company that are local and he says that they are still popular and he reckons (he's worked there for 20+ years) that he could sell them easily.

I still am very interested in pursuing this so.....Darren, if it isn't working that well for you (or anyone else for that matter), name your price! (that was intended as a joke but if you're serious and want to get out of it....contact me).

I also think it's good to have to up the money a bit. I do alright out of my functions and like I said, I have had enquiries for it but I think it's always good to have. My wife runs her wedding shop and is always getting lots of serious money people in her shop that wouldn't batter an eyelid at some prices out there. As I said, I've taken a booking on today for an Indie/Alternative gig at a big house on the outskirts and she wants a dancefloor too for her living room. I said I couldn't supply one and gave her an idea of the prices and she said "No problem, I want one".

I think you'll spend a lot of money and then regret it Gary.

We all get loads of enquiries for Dancefloors but there's a reason we haven't all bought them.

How many hires do you expect to do a year? I'm sure Ben said you have to replace them every couple of years. ( is that right Ben?)

I'm sure Ben said you have to replace them every couple of years. ( is that right Ben?)
    I think that we have 1 more year left (so 4 years in total) before we either replace or sell the panels that we purchased initially.
    http://www.premier-ltd.com DJ's, Dance floors, LED Furniture, Staging, Lighting, Draping, Audio & Visual Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    Thank you Ben, I appreciate your comments as do I everyone elses.
    I have spoken to a friend in the last couple of weeks who works for a big marquee company that are local and he says that they are still popular and he reckons (he's worked there for 20+ years) that he could sell them easily.

I still am very interested in pursuing this so.....Darren, if it isn't working that well for you (or anyone else for that matter), name your price! (that was intended as a joke but if you're serious and want to get out of it....contact me).

I also think it's good to have to up the money a bit. I do alright out of my functions and like I said, I have had enquiries for it but I think it's always good to have. My wife runs her wedding shop and is always getting lots of serious money people in her shop that wouldn't batter an eyelid at some prices out there. As I said, I've taken a booking on today for an Indie/Alternative gig at a big house on the outskirts and she wants a dancefloor too for her living room. I said I couldn't supply one and gave her an idea of the prices and she said "No problem, I want one".
    Money is never a problem Gary--until people have to part with it or find someone else cheaper.

I would say we have entered a new era in pricing where most people dont often accept your quote but go off and get alternatives---Rodeo Bulls and Barn Dances/ odd Disco which we sell are a classic example where 3 years ago there was a good market and people were not too bothered, now its much much harder.

Seems to tie in with what Darren says---

Im sure you sell your DJ services extremely well--trying to sell a lump of metal ( Rodeo Bull) or lumps of Wood/Plastic/ metal or whatever Dance Floors are made of might be more difficult.

If its so popular you can earn a shedload of commission to start with then buy the product.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    If its so popular you can earn a shedload of commission to start with then buy the product.
    Exactly! Or what about a photo booth? Fireworks? Led chill out furniture? Bands?

There's loads of other things you could do which you may enjoy doing?

I can't really comment on this, as I've only ever had two enquiries despite pushing them on my site, and sending out advertising for them with every quote I send out. That tells its own story to me....
    Jonathan Ford's Travelling Discotheque http://www.jftd.co.uk/
    Thoughtful mobile disco entertainment across the Midlands

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    Thanks for the information Darren.
    Wayno - Not sure what you're going on about to be honest....??

"It's not Disco related and it's a mobile disco forum.."

Excuse me?
    Of course it's Disco related and yes,
    Your excused.

I tried to sell a DVD player on here at one time but the post got pulled as it wasn't disco related (even though it was used for karaoke and advertised as such) so on that basis a dance floor is not disco related - it is dance floor related.
    Last edited by Wayno; 17-04-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
    Your excused.

I tried to sell a DVD player on here at one time but the post got pulled as it wasn't disco related (even though it was used for karaoke and advertised as such) so on that basis a dance floor is not disco related - it is dance floor related.
    Perhaps if you have anything helpful to add to the thread, you could Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Perhaps if you have anything helpful to add to the thread, you could Wayne.
    I Already have Darren, earlier on, but to be more constructive:

I feel you have missed the decent money on these types of dance floors. The last popular niche was up lighting, before that chocolate fountains, the current one is photo booths it seems.

I have always felt that having a large network of re-sellers was a bad move as it would in a very short time saturate the market and drive the prices down, I would have been tempted to limit re-sellers to one per county/area/whatever to help extend the longevity of the product and keep them adequately profitable - unfortunately I was not in a position to put my money where my mouth was at the time (3 years ago).

I know I would rather put my 5k elsewhere and let someone else have the headache.

I've not put too many posts on this forum but thought id give it a go.

I brought a black starlit one and sold it within 12 months of owning. Not because of the cost of it but because it was a hell of a lot easier to dry hire it and take it back dirty.
    I actually sold mine to Danno whom i use whenever i need a dry hire, more times than not i see some of my old panels when i hire from him.
    I have not dropped my prices, i still charge £550 for a 12' x12' and £765 for a 16' x 16'. I have never been to an event where they have hired one from someone else, if they want one they book it from me.
    I am glad that i didn't keep hold of it as the amount of problems that the grumpy floors have had has been ridiculous, not to mention them putting there prices up by about 25 - 30% recently.
    We do own some parquet panels and our own RGB dance floor which is proving very popular for this year. Infact we are doing a purple and white chequered RGB starlit in July (for our own wedding)
    I would advise against in and try and do something completely unique, dance floors have had there day ... yes they will always be popular but so many people have seen them now. I have a few ideas up my sleeves which will hopefully prove interesting but will wait and see.