Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: help and advice needed

John, I can't PM you as you haven't 'posted' enough yet but I have a small 2 channel Numark usb mixer, I don't want much for it, maybe £20 plus P&P so I'll put it in the for sale section over the weekend...

All you would need is a laptop, 2 usb cables (I can maybe supply these) and maybe a couple of adaptor leads to connect to your amp (again I'll have a dig around to see what I've got).

You say it's a jubilee event so I'm guessing beginning of June sometime?

Get a few more posts under your belt then we can Private message each other - I'm sure we can get you sorted

Quote Originally Posted by JAMdisco View Post
    John, I can't PM you as you haven't 'posted' enough yet but I have a small 2 channel Numark usb mixer, I don't want much for it, maybe £20 plus P&P so I'll put it in the for sale section over the weekend...

All you would need is a laptop, 2 usb cables (I can maybe supply these) and maybe a couple of adaptor leads to connect to your amp (again I'll have a dig around to see what I've got).

You say it's a jubilee event so I'm guessing beginning of June sometime?

Get a few more posts under your belt then we can Private message each other - I'm sure we can get you sorted
    thanks so much for the offer just ordered a 2 channel kam mixer this morning. then read your post later. got a couple of laptops i can use just need to strip all the crap off them and disable any uneeded services then should be ok then to start ripping and tagging some cd's time to raid the familys cd collection

Quote Originally Posted by djforyou View Post
    thanks so much for the offer just ordered a 2 channel kam mixer this morning. then read your post later. got a couple of laptops i can use just need to strip all the crap off them and disable any uneeded services then should be ok then to start ripping and tagging some cd's time to raid the familys cd collection
    Is it a USB mixer? If not you will need a good quality external soundcard, something like a Maya! Be warned, it can start to get expensive once you get the bug...

the mixer I was referring to is a 2 channel USB mixer - it served me well for many years until a fellow forum member (Excalibur Peter) pointed out it didn't have enough 'flashy' lights on it and the lack of bells and whistles astounded him lol

Quote Originally Posted by JAMdisco View Post
    Is it a USB mixer? If not you will need a good quality external soundcard, something like a Maya! Be warned, it can start to get expensive once you get the bug...

the mixer I was referring to is a 2 channel USB mixer - it served me well for many years until a fellow forum member (Excalibur Peter) pointed out it didn't have enough 'flashy' lights on it and the lack of bells and whistles astounded him lol
    think im starting to catch that dreaded bug. just gotta get saving some cash next is a backup amp then replacement speakers looks like im goin to be the regular dj at these events next time there paying me for a kids halloween bash.

quick update: i have visited the social club where the event is taking place. and i have been told i have full use of the pa system installed along with a twin cd and mixer, and all the installed lights and controllers, left there last night a very happy chap. also turns out the landlord used to be a mobile dj many years back and offered is help and advice if i needed to know anything.Roll on the night.

Brilliant stuff! See you can relax now and enjoy the evening. Did you try out his gear?

Sorry, just seen this.
    I echo what was said earlier in the thread and that's fair play to you for offering.
    The only nerves you should have really are nerves of excitement. Look forward to it, thrive on it and I am sure you will be ok. If you enjoy it and want to pursue it further after the event then great stuff. If you don't enjoy it then that's fair enough.

If you do decide to pursue it further, you're in the right place for help and advice. There are lots of people on here with knowledge and experience that can point you in the right direction. If it's something you really like doing then think of it as a chance of some advertising too. You never know what might happen. What may be a 'freebie' to you might just turn out to be a good move. Get some cards done (if you haven't already) just incase someone asks you for one. If it's an organised event for Jubilee, it will more than likely be well attended. Be 'Request Friendly' and who knows what could come from it.

Most of all - Good luck and enjoy it.
    I'll be DJing outside on the Monday (weather permitting) and then doing a Race Night in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Brilliant stuff! See you can relax now and enjoy the evening. Did you try out his gear?
    yes i did try out all the gear its all working and in not bad condition. If its a good night the social club want to hire me for regular events could be a positve outcome

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    Sorry, just seen this.
    I echo what was said earlier in the thread and that's fair play to you for offering.
    The only nerves you should have really are nerves of excitement. Look forward to it, thrive on it and I am sure you will be ok. If you enjoy it and want to pursue it further after the event then great stuff. If you don't enjoy it then that's fair enough.

If you do decide to pursue it further, you're in the right place for help and advice. There are lots of people on here with knowledge and experience that can point you in the right direction. If it's something you really like doing then think of it as a chance of some advertising too. You never know what might happen. What may be a 'freebie' to you might just turn out to be a good move. Get some cards done (if you haven't already) just incase someone asks you for one. If it's an organised event for Jubilee, it will more than likely be well attended. Be 'Request Friendly' and who knows what could come from it.

Most of all - Good luck and enjoy it.
    I'll be DJing outside on the Monday (weather permitting) and then doing a Race Night in the evening.
    thanks I'm feeling alot better now i have been to the venue. and i have the use of there equpment. i have also got one night a week to go in and practice on the said equipment by the time of the event i should be well versed on its operation and find any faults ill have to work around. i allready know the mixer has a faulty channel 3 outa 4 work that will do me. good look with the english weather i've now got a duck pond at the endof the garden i never new i had with all this rain we have been getting.

Hope it goes well for you please let us know how you get on.
    I started out in similar fashion, helping out out a local pub for beer money and now ten years later im working most weekends at different venues doing Weddings, Birthdays and even BBQ s in peoples gardens!

Dont worry about the nerves because most of my best nights have been when im at my most nervous, i am quite a shy guy and people who know me cannot believe the differance in me when im on a stage, i become super confident and the strange thing is the busier the venue the more confident i become?! As someone else has already said, use the nerves to positive effect and you will be fine.

Best of luck and enjoy yourself.