Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from Sarah

Default Hello from Sarah

Hi I'm Sarah, I've been looking around the forum for a bit now and thought it was time I introduced myself properly. I got into disco and karaoke in the mid 90's just working for someone. I set up by myself on Xmas Eve '98. I bought all Peavey gear and still have it as back up but boy is it heavy!!
    I've done all sorts of work from karaoke residencies in pubs, kids school discos and high end weddings in good hotels. I worked right up to having my little girl in 2007, literally! My waters broke on stage at the local Rugby Club as they'd begged me to do a presentation gig!! I aimed to go back to work just doing a little bit but I was diagnosed with cancer 3 weeks before my daughter's 1st birthday. Lots of gruelling radio/chemotherapy and surgery and thankfully I've been in remission over 3 years now and the prognosis is good. It did however totally affect my confidence. I got my little girl into full time school September gone and am easing myself back in to gigs. I actually did a wedding function on Saturday night and the feedback was amazing! As you can imagine my kit is quite dated compared to that of you all on here, but I'm working on updating but it will take time. I'm still on C.D's and "light screens!!" but I've pulled them apart and fitted ADJ mega bars in them and they look surprisingly good, I'm hoping to get a booth and star cloth set up soon. I don't have a lap top yet but I'm finding my way around Virtual D.J home on my P.C quite nicely. I'm gonna try and upload a pic in The Gallery section of my set up for the wedding from Saturday night. I have a fundraising night tomorrow for McMillan Cancer Support which of course I'm doing free of charge, I might ask for a bit of advice for that in an appropriate section as I'm probably only going to be on for 60-90 mins with a very mixed age group so wanted to run a playlist past you all. . Anyway it's good to be officially "active" on here, lol!
    Sarah x

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Welcome along Sarah
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Welcome Sarah, great introduction
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Hello and welcome Sarah. Very nice intro. It's great to have you here.

An introduction and a half Welcome from me.

Fabulous intro, Sarah. I wish more of our intros were even a quarter as good as that, well done.

And well done, re the discos and the illness, there are loads of folk on here willing and eager to help you as much as possible. Whatever you need to know, ask away.

Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Welcome along, nice intro
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Excellent introduction.....

I can only echo other members comments , there is no such thing as a stupid question , I fully understand your condition ( we both have the same un-invited guests in us).
    I have got to where I am now due to this forum , and the help of some amazing people on here.
    I , with the help of a mate did a charity gig for Macmillan cancer , spot on night.

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...ad.php?t=35725

any help you need , just ask.

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Hi Sarah

Welcome aboard! This forum is the first port of call to help you set sail in to a successfull (hopefully!) career as a DJ. But it seems to me that you've already got a good grounding in the industry and just need to rebuild your confidence so DJing can take you wherever you want it to.

You've said that you're looking to upgrade your kit and I've also noticed that you're in Darlo. If you're not already familiar with Mike and the team at Phase One DJ Store in the town then you should be! Mike does some cracking video reviews of new equipment which he posts on YouTube so check him out there. Also, the North East branch of NADJ hold their meetings in the town so that could be very handy for you and help you to do some DJ networking (which I really should do more of myself ). Keep an eye on the events & meetings section of the forum.

Oh, and good luck!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I know Mike at Phase One in Darlington very well and his dad Nigel before him (and if you think Mike can talk you should've met his dad! Lol) I've bought a lot of gear off them over the years. I was at the last N.A.D.J meeting at Darlington Rugby Club. I managed to get a good look at some booths and narrowed it down to the DSB v2 but also was really impressed with The Palladinovations Dual Booth. I had a fantastic conversation with Colin Cook who I admire a lot. I'll keep my eye out for future meetings and am hoping to get to B.P.M in October.

Thanks again all.

Sarah x