Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Music Guard Insurance

Default Music Guard Insurance

As Some of you may be aware on the 21st of last month. So little git Stole some gear from my van.
    Ok i was not to happy but though i would be ok as i am insured.
    Now 19 days on There going to replace what was taken after many phone calls emails letters faxes you get the idea. I had this email this morning
    (The products have been ordered for you and we should receive them from the manufactures within the next ten days.).I am covered for hire to the total amount of £119 but that was used this weekend. So if i want to work this weekend i have to spend the same again but out of my own pocket.
    I no many of you guys and gals are with music guard who are part of pavilion insurance. So i will keep you up dated.

Good to get some idea what happens when things do go wrong!

Out of interest, I guess you have the "in van" cover with them. Can I ask where and in what state your van was when the gear was stolen. Have always been a little doubtful about whether they would pay up for a van theft - thinking they would almost certainly have a bit of small print that makes it not covered somewhere!

Also, do they state the maximum amount paid for hire of gear in the policy / small print somewhere as it might be a good time for the rest of us to kick up a bit.

Sorry to hear you had the gear stolen though, not a good thing at all!

Out of interest, how did they nick it? I would just like to know so I can attempt to stop it happening to me!! Sorry to hear about it mate. Hope it all works out.
    Discobox Entertainment
    www.discobox.co.uk

Yes was stolen from my van.Front window broken open passage door then broken door the partion.To open rear doors.Now i have got big locks on rear and side door.You are only give 10% of the value of your claim to hire but once you have spent it thats it.ie weekend one i hire gear music guard pay after i send them a invoice. Weekend 2 out of my pocket.Just got off the phone from sound control who are going to replace the items and thats who music guard use all the time.to be told that this claim has been done quickly.

Blimey! Was the van on your property when the gear was nicked?
    Discobox Entertainment
    www.discobox.co.uk

parked on the road just off my drive way.Loads of mess.Has really got me thinking is it worth it and should i pack it in

Thanks for keeping us updated. As a customer of musicguard I'm interested to hear how they do business when things go wrong. Keep us posted. Thanks

suggest using or building a brick shed ajoined to your property and storing your main DJ essentials in it IE Speakers amps cd players as lighting is cheaper to hire out. then it will become part of your house insurance also suggest putting sign on van that nothing electrical of any value is kept in the vehicle at night like builders do and replace wooden divider between driver and rear of van with aliminium sheet equivilant or a full mesh grill top to bottom and do windows at rear as well or part ex your van for for an 2nd hand Omega/securicor parcel van they are one of the most secure vans I have driven and are very sort after by drivers at auctions

It WON'T be covered by general house insurance, Badger!!!!!! (even if you keep it in your living room!)

.... and how many people have that extra bit of land just lying idle that they can build on?

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment
    It WON'T be covered by general house insurance, Badger!!!!!! (even if you keep it in your living room!)

.... and how many people have that extra bit of land just lying idle that they can build on?
    Badger maybe?