Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Locking IECs

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1984 View Post
    the hole would be the wrong shape
    You dont know me too well. I dont take the simple route. (normally!) A dremel would solve the problem simply. Don't take me for a fool and idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
    You dont know me too well. Don't take me for a fool and idiot.
    Your right i don't know you - we have never met and please don't be so rude - i too prefer powercon for some things and was merely making an observation.

A dremel would solve the problem simply.
    As you have just confirmed you would need to modify the panel for it to fit.
    And not taking you for a fool but a dremel removes metal to make the hole bigger - a NAC3MPA-1 requires a smaller hole than an C14IEC - I'm just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    We have recently bought a couple of LD Maui28 powered speakers.
    Anyhow back on topic - is the speaker system in question any good? what kind of use would you be using it for? I kind of like it and have an idea - will need it in white thou!
    Last edited by Chris1984; 18-05-2012 at 10:28 PM.

It's the Maui system, and we're very happy with it. We purchased it for one particular room which is a bit of an odd shape, so the wider dispersion is ideal. The room is pretty large, so we had ioriginally intended to use it alongside a couple of additional satellite speakers, but the first time they were used in that room, the satellites ended up being turned down, then off, as the Mauis were coping really well on their own. However, they're also been used for weddings, and next week, a single column is being used for the ceremony music. It's a pretty versatile system. Finding it does need a little EQing to get it sounding just how we want it to, but that's no hardship.

White you say? .... not until next month - http://www.adamhall.com/en/LD_System...tem_white.html

Last edited by Corabar Entertainment; 18-05-2012 at 10:36 PM.

i like that and may invest in some if my brain wave pulls off - how does it fair in terms of sound quality and punchiness I'm looking at 4 or 6 systems like this down a room to be used for both speeches, background and disco.

Well, sound it so personal, and unless you do a side-by-side comparison, it's difficult to say. All I can say is that I like them!

Clive at CRS1 hates them and says he feels that there's something 'missing' in the middle of the sound, and I kind of know what he means, but tweaking the EQ solves that. He also commented about the narrower dispersion field of those compared to the Bose (which is true), but full 180 degree dispersion is not something that we were concerned about. Mind you, Clive is extremely pro-Bose, so he was never going to like them was he?

For me, nice and loud, good bass, not toooooooo smooth (if you get what I mean) and clear too

You'd certainly be looking at a VERY big room if you're looking to put 4 or 6 in! Here's a photo from the back of the room where we were running satellites, but ended up turning them off. It's a T-shaped room, and this just shows the upright of the 'T'
    Attached Images Attached Images  

excellent - ill try and grab a listen soon but sounding good from what you've said - on a different note - i like the move from your laser!

Not quite on your scale, but it's pretty, isn't it?

Give me a powercon true1 anyday.
    That's what's going the other end &....

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    don't think it's worth voiding a 3-year warranty for!

...but Steve will be making up IEC to powercon cables.
    As Chris says, you'd need to make the hole smaller & different shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1984 View Post
    excellent - ill try and grab a listen soon but sounding good from what you've said - on a different note - i like the move from your laser!
    If you're ever down our way when we have them out on a gig...
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    A huge, big, immense, vast, large, enormous, colossal, gargantuan, trememdous-doubled THANK YOU! to Andy (Deltic) who has some lying around and is popping them in to the post down to us.

God, I love this forum! It's great to be part of a community of people who are prepared to help and put themselves out for each other - as I have so often both witnessed and experienced personally.

Oooh... I'm getting all emotional!

Anyway... thanks again, Andy, and thank you everyone else too who also looked, offered help/suggestions etc - it really is appreciated.

2 leads now in the careful hands of the royal mail.
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

I'll let you know when they arrive.

....oh.... and did I say ?