Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Roadies, and what to do with them!

Quote Originally Posted by par6 View Post
    what would I do with a roadie ? leave them at home
    Very helpful there, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by par6 View Post
    In my opinion, and it is just that, I hate the look of two people behind a DJ booth, especially when you see them obviously talking about the guests and having a chuckle
    I'm with Ben on this.
    And I can remember years ago, when a couple of us worked for another DJ, punters being flabbergasted that we went out solo! Two folks was the bare minimum, in those days.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

They're of no use to me so that would be the best place for them, .......for me
    Last edited by par6; 08-05-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    And I can remember years ago, when a couple of us worked for another DJ, punters being flabbergasted that we went out solo! Two folks was the bare minimum, in those days.
    There was a lot more gear though in the olden (?) days, around 1988 I had a twin wheel transit for all the gear and 10, yes ten, lightboxes was de riquer

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Very helpful there, aren't they?
    Makes you wonder why people reply to a thread that isn't applicable to them.

Sometimes when Peter comes and Roadies its like a household domestic when setup. Peter loves to argue with me But im totally unfazed by it. I just try to get everything setup as quick as possible

But as always Peters a great chap as many already know.

Peter got his promotion last friday to the Anti-Shock assistant manager haha.
    Last edited by Twinspin; 18-05-2012 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinspin View Post
    Sometimes when Peter comes and Roadies its like a household domestic when setup. Peter loves to argue with me .
    Indeed, one venue manager described it as like watching the Chuckle Brothers, as we set up!

I did use my godson for a roadie who was very good at setting up and sorting out.

When i was getting changed he would take over the start and play what he wanted until people arrived then he would behave.....

We sort of did a double act. we would both choose songs - he would use one half of the Denon i would use the other half and we would line tracks up trying to work out who's track was better for the follow on......to be honest we would have a laugh and joke and general banter behind the decks but never too over the top, I like to think it came over as two guys having fun on the decks.....but he would never use the mic, tried several times to engage him to use it but he didn't.

He would also take requests and give general banter to the guests.....to be honest in my opinion it worked well.......

Those were the days.....
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

I use a "roadie" for childrens partys. He will provide the music while i'm out on the dancefloor entertaining the brats, I mean Kids. Would be near impossible to do both and I've found if you just stand their playing music then the kids soon get bored and start acting up
    Maidstone Based Professional Disco
    www.lasersounds.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold42 View Post
    IThose were the days.....
    Ah, but nostalgia's not what it used to be Tony.

On the handful of occasions when Justin and I have worked together, it has often morphed rapidly into "Smashie and Nicey ".