Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Laptop Advice Please

Quote Originally Posted by djdj View Post
    DO NOT BUY A MC6000 for Karaoke
    Yes it has two seperate inouts for Mics with echo etc but they are useless for any thing other than talking through!
    I use a Powered Mixer for Karaoke and a MC6000 to DJ with
    I use a small mic mixer onto channel 1 of my mc6000 and it works perfect.

I use the Zoom and Sunfly sites to buy most of my karaoke. I've also been known to buy individual tracks from Select-A-Track.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenski View Post
    Also note some great software to rip/convert your CD+G collection using normal CD-Rom drives

Power Karaoke CD+G Burner Click Here

This is a fanstatic bit of software and by tweeking the settings a little, most CD-Rom DVD/RW drives will read/rip/convert the CD+G discs

Thank you
    From my past experience, and that of others on this forum any beyond, I'd have to disagree with this statement. Most drives are not capable of reading RAW format sub-channel data (I believe the standard is referred to as MMC/DAO96) so, whilst they'll happily rip the audio track, they won't even notice the graphics on the "hidden" track. Even fewer drives have the ability to burn sub-channel data. This is echoed by Tricerasoft, one of the leading manufucturers of karaoke software:

http://www.tricerasoft.com/drivelist.html
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    I use a small mic mixer onto channel 1 of my mc6000 and it works perfect.
    Maybe but if you are looking for Karaoke mixer far better mixers out there for a lot less money!!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I use the Zoom and Sunfly sites to buy most of my karaoke. I've also been known to buy individual tracks from Select-A-Track.

From my past experience, and that of others on this forum any beyond, I'd have to disagree with this statement. Most drives are not capable of reading RAW format sub-channel data (I believe the standard is referred to as MMC/DAO96) so, whilst they'll happily rip the audio track, they won't even notice the graphics on the "hidden" track. Even fewer drives have the ability to burn sub-channel data. This is echoed by Tricerasoft, one of the leading manufucturers of karaoke software:

http://www.tricerasoft.com/drivelist.html
    Hello

From my varied experience and testing of the Power Karaoke CD+G Burner Software - I have had 99% success rate in ripping CD+G discs on various makes and models of PC and Laptops [Sony, Toshiba, HP, Compaq, Packard Bell, Dell, Acer etc].

Here is a screen grab of the settings i find work best:

To add these settings were across various drives: CD-Rom, DVD-Rom, DVD-RW, BD-Rom, Blu-ray etc

Thank you
    *** Genie Discs Entertainments ***

Professional Sound & Lighting, PAT Compliant, DJ Guard PLI Insurance and PRS/MCPS ProDub License.