Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Laptop Advice Please

Thanks also for the mixer advice. The MC6000 would suit my needs as it has mic inputs with e.q. I get sent the latest EZH karaoke discs every couple of months, so ideally I need a CD+G player running through the mixer a) as then I don't have the pressure of ripping each new release straight onto the hard drive when it comes. I can play it via the trusty method still and b) as a back up method should the lap top give up! So basically all that I have now will do great. Just add a lappy and the DJ-2-Go. Not having to spend £600 on the MC6000. Hope that makes sense, lol.

Mmm, someone once told me I needed a license to watch me tele and drive me car too Only joking, another £200+ then!
    Last edited by Excalibur; 10-05-2012 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Merged posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    Hi, I bought an Asus rewriter drive that is CD+G compatible some time ago to back up my collection and had it built into my P.C tower. My nephew has ripped every original karaoke disc I own onto my Iomega 1TB hard drive. I've been playing karaoke via this method on my desk top through V.D.J free home edition. I'm all sorted there. I'm now ripping my audio C.D's to it myself. Is the problem you mention solely with HD 3000 on board graphic machines and is every machine with this gonna encounter it? I wonder if you might point me in the direction of a different lap top similar to your own that is currently available and might save me some pennies. Thank you.
    No bother - this is my laptop:

CQ56

Incidentally, I got my from Sainsbury's for £299 so quite a bit cheaper than on here. It's also available from PC World, Dixons, Comet and Tesco - just do price checks!

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Then you'll definitely need a ProDub Licence:-

http://www.prsformusic.com/users/rec...ubLicence.aspx
    Yep!

Thanks also for the mixer advice. The MC6000 would suit my needs as it has mic inputs with e.q. I get sent the latest EZH karaoke discs every couple of months, so ideally I need a CD+G player running through the mixer a) as then I don't have the pressure of ripping each new release straight onto the hard drive when it comes. I can play it via the trusty method still and b) as a back up method should the lap top give up! So basically all that I have now will do great. Just add a lappy and the DJ-2-Go. Not having to spend £600 on the MC6000. Hope that makes sense, lol.
    Standalone CD+G player - the BlueLaser 888 machine is usually a popular choice:

BL888

and the Sunfly 888 machine:

SF888

I'd also recommend this:

VocoPro 668K

As always, shop around for the best prices (I've linked to good descriptions and not the cheapest!).

Mmm, someone once told me I needed a license to watch me tele and drive me car too Only joking, another £200+ then!
    Just seen this. You also need to factor in the charge for the "karaoke uplift". I had an issue with this that Produb didn't seem to want to answer which is why I chose the legal-download-to-playout-drive route.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 10-05-2012 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Merged posts
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Thanks, I'll take a look at that lap top then. I already have 2 separate dual CD+G players. One is racked in with the 1500 mixer and the other is a spare. What I meant was I'd rather just add in a lap top, external hard drive and D.J-2-Go to this set up in order to go virtual but still have disc enabled back up. Hope that makes sense. It's been a long day!

So do you mean that even though, like me, you've bought all original karaoke discs you couldn't get license cover to copy them to hard drive and play them legally so you had to download others?

"Copyright of the physical and graphical reproduction of the lyrics", so if we turn the monitor off and trust our singers know the words off by heart we'll be ok then!?
    Last edited by Excalibur; 10-05-2012 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Merged posts

I've been collecting karaoke since about 1992. I've still got laserdiscs and videos!

I stopped my subscriptions to Sunfly and Mr Entertainer at the start of last year and now download the tracks as I need them (I add about 15-20 karaoke tracks each month). I also download my normal music from 7Digital and Tesco Entertainment amongst others. Have just discovered Amazon's MP3 download site with downloads starting at 29p so I'll be checking this out more at the weekend.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Hi Dazzy D, which site do you download your karaoke tracks from? Thank you.

I bought this laptop just before Christmas last year. Good specifications and price as well: http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Lenov...0_1091049.html

Hi Dazzy D, which site do you download your karaoke tracks from? Thank you.
    Hi Sarah

I maybe able to answer this also...

Some sites to visit

SBI Karaoke Click Here

Karaoke Version Click Here

SelectaTrack Click Here

Sunfly Karaoke Click Here

Zoom Karaoke ClickHere

*** Custom Burn ***

Sing To The World Karaoke Click Here

Just some that are out there

Thanks
    *** Genie Discs Entertainments ***

Professional Sound & Lighting, PAT Compliant, DJ Guard PLI Insurance and PRS/MCPS ProDub License.

Also note some great software to rip/convert your CD+G collection using normal CD-Rom drives

Power Karaoke CD+G Burner Click Here

This is a fanstatic bit of software and by tweeking the settings a little, most CD-Rom DVD/RW drives will read/rip/convert the CD+G discs

Thank you
    *** Genie Discs Entertainments ***

Professional Sound & Lighting, PAT Compliant, DJ Guard PLI Insurance and PRS/MCPS ProDub License.

I'll take a look at all the above, thanks all x

DO NOT BUY A MC6000 for Karaoke
    Yes it has two seperate inouts for Mics with echo etc but they are useless for any thing other than talking through!
    I use a Powered Mixer for Karaoke and a MC6000 to DJ with