Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Possibly the end of an era.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    I didn't put it offline. I wasn't aware of the spam issue - I do remember you emailed me about it but then found the "ban as spam" option which should have rectified it. I don't know who put that forum offline, though. Maybe Shaun? Do you want me to look into it? I don't really get involved in moderation, but will have a look if you want...

EDIT: I see it's not offline, but can't be posted to...not the best approach to stop spam!
    Marc, never forget that my IT knowledge consists of turning things off and on again. I'm a fully paid up Luddite. It was young Shaun who did whatever he did, but I would be delighted if you could throw a couple more chickens in the cauldron, and work whatever voodoo is necessary to make everything work again. Thank you.

Dazzy and I were almost full time deleting unseemly stuff from the site at one point!! ( Tempting fate mode enabled: Seems OK now )
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Marc, never forget that my IT knowledge consists of turning things off and on again. I'm a fully paid up Luddite. It was young Shaun who did whatever he did, but I would be delighted if you could throw a couple more chickens in the cauldron, and work whatever voodoo is necessary to make everything work again. Thank you.

Dazzy and I were almost full time deleting unseemly stuff from the site at one point!! ( Tempting fate mode enabled: Seems OK now )
    It's OK now because posting new topics and replies by anyone not a moderator or admin is disallowed on that forum.

There's a ReCAPTCHA v2 plugin (checkbox style) that should work, when I get a minute I'll install that. Nothing is 100% effective, though. In the meantime, maybe re-enable posting and see how it goes (Shaun)?
    An SEO expert walks into a bar, bars, pub, tavern, public house, Irish pub, drinks, beer, alcohol

King Of Cheese Moderator DazzyD's Avatar

I didn't put it offline. I wasn't aware of the spam issue - I do remember you emailed me about it but then found the "ban as spam" option which should have rectified it. I don't know who put that forum offline, though. Maybe Shaun? Do you want me to look into it? I don't really get involved in moderation, but will have a look if you want...

EDIT: I see it's not offline, but can't be posted to...not the best approach to stop spam!
    Hi Marc

Probably not best discussing the background workings of the forum on an open thread so I'll just add to my post in the mods section.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    Hi Marc

Probably not best discussing the background workings of the forum on an open thread so I'll just add to my post in the mods section.
    OK, but just so you know, I'm not in there!
    An SEO expert walks into a bar, bars, pub, tavern, public house, Irish pub, drinks, beer, alcohol

OK, but just so you know, I'm not in there!
    You have full access if and whenever you need it Marc

Re: the other stuff mentioned above that I implemented. It was a quick temporary fix when I had limited time, just to try halt the on onslaught of spam in the interim. I'll revert it all back when we get the other measures in place.

Very nice van Benny.