Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibly the end of an era.

Default Definitely the end of an era

CAR!

Happily driving home from work today, along the A1M... just getting ready to approach the junction where I come off... and my car's clutch died. Just over an hour later (thanks AA!) I'm back home & in the process of borrowing some money from my dad inlaw so I can buy a van this weekend. I'm just glad it happened on the way home from work, not at 1am when it was full of gear.

Yes, I KNOW I said I was gonna get a van this year, car.. but you just forced my hand, you !

The car, bless it.. was likely going to be sold for scrap in any case but now it surely is. Quote for a new clutch from a local garage is over £300 - and with everything else it'd need to pass its MOT in June it's totally run out of value.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    I'm back home & in the process of borrowing some money from my dad inlaw so I can buy a van this weekend. .
    Step into my office. I just happen to have a lovely van with only two owners, less than a hundred thousand on the clock, towbar, roofrack, and turbodiesel engine. Price reduced for quick sale*.

* For those who think I'm circumventing for sale rules, it's a joke. I do have one more van than I strictly need, but I don't expect anyone on here to want the big green/blue one. I suspect her next journey will be to the scrapyard.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    * For those who think I'm circumventing for sale rules, it's a joke.
    Whoops. Missed that bit. Heh

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

I know that it's a long way but if you struggle to find anything you like, Justin, try Amlin Motors. It's where I got my last van (ex-AA jobbie) and they were fantastic in looking after me.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    I know that it's a long way but if you struggle to find anything you like, Justin, try Amlin Motors. It's where I got my last van (ex-AA jobbie) and they were fantastic in looking after me.
    You wouldn't believe how far I'll be prepared to go for a real bargain Benny cheers (yes possibly even as far as 150 miles away)

I've got a nice shortlist I'm gonna start chipping away at tomorrow, not to mention one of a DJ friend of a friend I'm really keen on. I'm desperate, but don't want to end up buying twice.

Well, here's my new transport. 07 plate, a shade over 150k miles, under a grand which is way under budget. It's fully lined, and has a side loading door too. There was a Transit Connect too, but the sills were rusty as hell (on a 2010 plate?! :O ). It's booked in for a cam belt change & I'll be doing a regular service on it ASAP. I was keen on buying a van from a friend of a friend but he's up to his neck in family issues right now so it wasn't to be.. and I was in a slight hurry. I pick this one up on Monday. I should add that it's amazing how many car & commercial sellers aren't open on a Saturday afternoon.. very very very annoying if you happen to work weekdays or have an urgent need.

Name:  unspecified.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  45.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    Well, here's my new transport. 07 plate, a shade over 150k miles, under a grand which is way under budget. It's fully lined, and has a side loading door too. There was a Transit Connect too, but the sills were rusty as hell (on a 2010 plate?! :O ). It's booked in for a cam belt change & I'll be doing a regular service on it ASAP. I was keen on buying a van from a friend of a friend but he's up to his neck in family issues right now so it wasn't to be.. and I was in a slight hurry. I pick this one up on Monday. I should add that it's amazing how many car & commercial sellers aren't open on a Saturday afternoon.. very very very annoying if you happen to work weekdays or have an urgent need.

Name:  unspecified.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  45.4 KB
    Whey! You've come over to the dark side.

With this van, you are now an authority of speeding, tailgating, undertaking, cutting people up and criticising their driving!

But is it bright pink? It has to be bright pink. That's the new 'in' colour for vehicles in 2016.
    Like I said Benny, you were sooo close.

It's bright. I believe it's had one lady owner, who only used it to go to church on Sundays.

Actually, it was owned by the same organisation Benny got his old one from. It was a right bugger getting rid of all the old bottles in it, I can tell you.

Possible names so far, Beryl ( the Peril ), Pearl, Texas, and even one from a person who should know better, Soul Banana.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Looks in good knick that does, Peter. You'll soon experience the hilarity of passing some poor sod on the hard shoulder trying to flag you down because he thinks that you're his recovery service. Happened to me a few times.

As for a name, how about Big Yellow Taxi? That way wherever you go, you'll be paving paradise, and there'll be a convenient parking lot when you need it.

The hot spot will obviously be the pink hotel where you'll be working. Near the boutique.

Am I dragging this on a bit?

Looks in good knick that does, Peter.
    It's very tidy.

As for a name, how about Big Yellow Taxi? That way wherever you go, you'll be paving paradise, and there'll be a convenient parking lot when you need it.

The hot spot will obviously be the pink hotel where you'll be working. Near the boutique.

Am I dragging this on a bit?
    Oh yes.