Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bride and Groom leaving

My Bride and Groom 'retired' early last night, sneaking away leaving everyone else to party.

The last wedding I did the bride and groom had decided in advance that they were leaving just after midnight and I was booked until 1.00am.

As they were going I had Queen - Don't stop me now already cued up so I announced that they were leaving (so the guests could say their last goodbyes) and I also tagged onto the end of the announcement that if anyone was wondering why they were leaving early then all they had to do was listen to the first 9 words of this (and I pressed play).

That got a huge smile and thumbs up from the bride.

It was one of the few weddings I have done where the guests stayed on until the bitter end even though the bride and groom had left

JTRS

Had this situation a few times, the last one was just last Friday. I just finished the night as I usually do. Guests on the floor in a big circle, and at the end of the song the guests cheered as they B&G departed. As soon as they were out of the room I just kicked in with a floorfiller and the party continued. It can be hit or a miss when the newlyweds leave early. Sometimes the party just fizzles out as more people leave, but other times the party continues on strong.

+1 for the arch. From the DJ booth to the exit. Of course consult with the B&G if you wish but in my experience spontaneous works.

Supplying Premier DJ's for Weddings,
    Birthdays & Social Events.

www.basingstokediscos.co.uk

Thanks very much everybody. I will do a combination of all of your replys

Depends on the venue and the crowd and what they want. I would normally pick a decent track from their track list assuming you have one.

Its amazing what happens on the moment. Tried an arch tonight with a young crowd and failed miserably so we just had a free for all last dance as the venue is a pain as its a very small dancefloor. In this situation i would dim the music up the lights and make sure everyone follows them out. after three cheers.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Sorry Toby, but if you're failing miserably, then you aren't organising correctly and being 'in charge' on the mic.

More to learn perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Depends on the venue and the crowd and what they want. I would normally pick a decent track from their track list assuming you have one.

Its amazing what happens on the moment. Tried an arch tonight with a young crowd and failed miserably so we just had a free for all last dance as the venue is a pain as its a very small dancefloor. In this situation i would dim the music up the lights and make sure everyone follows them out. after three cheers.
    Thanks again for all you replys. I just wanted to let you know how it went.
    I partly used Toby's advice, and chose a song that had been requested. What I did was get a row of guys on one side and a row of ladies on the other, asked them all to sit down! Put on "oops upside your head" and got the Bride and Groom to sit down at the start of the line up, and bum shuffle all the way to the end of the line

Now the real story (not as exciting!) Just got two lines male/female, starting at the exit and working back. The B&G walked down the line hugging and kissing everyone. While I played Kool and the Gang/celebration into Congratulations. (It did take a bit of organising, the groom did not want to leave! Which hopefully was a bit of a compliment) It turned out to be a very good night. Thanks again everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
    What I did was get a row of guys on one side and a row of ladies on the other, asked them all to sit down! Put on "oops upside your head" and got the Bride and Groom to sit down at the start of the line up, and bum shuffle all the way to the end of the line

Makes mental note.........................

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

I would play Jungle Skank as they left