Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Jubilee Party

Default Jubilee Party

Really wish I wasn't doing it but here goes...

A local garden centre is having a party to celebrate the Jubilee and raise money for Wish Upon a Star.

They've really pulled the boat out and sold quite a few tickets. They have ITV coming to film it and it'll be broadcast that evening on our local news.

I'm comfortable doing children's birthday parties, it's straight forward, people know what to expect and all the children feel comfortable because they know the other guests!

This will be different. I think the children will be more reserved because they don't know the others. Also, the diverse age range will make things more difficult.

It'll be a tough three hours but I'll just have to be uber confident and put on a brave face.

I might try and dress up to make myself look silly er?

Any tips on how to break the ice? Large scale games? I'm not sure whether to rope in a mate to help out?

Ideally, I'd like to stick to what I know but the thought of organising musical bumps or chairs with 50 children is quite a daunting prospect!

If anybody has some ideas, I would really appreciate it. Doesn't matter if you don't do children's parties. Just want everyone to feel relaxed and enjoy it...but I'm not sure if they will.

Ta.

really "pushed" the boat out.....
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    They've really pulled the boat out
    Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    really "pushed" the boat out.....
    Depends on where they were standing in relation to the boat while they were maneuvering it.

Just treat it like any other kid's party Charlie. You'll be fine.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Depends on where they were standing in relation to the boat while they were maneuvering it.

Just treat it like any other kid's party Charlie. You'll be fine.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

I agree Charlie I'm afraid, I have done a few kids gigs at our local Hungry Horse and the kids were more reserved due to not knowing each other, but maybe something simple like a hula hoop comp or limbo may break the ice and get them out of their shell.

Or another game I play with large groups is Heads & Tails - play music for them to dance to then stop the music and ask them to choose heads or tails (put their hands on their heads for HEADS and hands on bottoms for TAILS) you get to get chunks of kids out at a time so doesn't last forever.

Good Luck

Visit us at Teeny Pops Disco - http://www.teenypops.co.uk
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/teenypopsdisco
    See us on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/TeenyPopsDisco