Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New mics? Mine have been used and abusedddd :(

Default New mics? Mine have been used and abusedddd :(

Hello guys told you a few month back started a residency in a pub which has karaoke Friday and Saturday my mics were prosound 2 wireless mics which I purchased in craplins.

Now they have been battered, for one the battery keeps coming loose so its a hit and miss with vocals due to battery disconnecting so gotta reinforce it in place haha.

I want 2 mics pref wireless (which is better wireless or wired) I like the fact you can go anywhere with wireless but I mean durability.

I have about 120 for 2 mics do I go for wireless battery powered or rechargeable mics??
    Last edited by Corabar Entertainment; 31-05-2012 at 03:11 PM. Reason: No text speak, please

TBO if your mics have already been wrecked in a few months then anything of any quality will soon be wrecked again.

I would buy a pack of these.
    http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/30071...var=sbar&cbt=y

Used them for years for karaoke and they seem to stand up to a fair bit of wear and tear. Also being wired, people cant walk off with them. If they get broken, not too much to replace either.
    Job done.
    Larry Basham

Can you play something with a beat ?

Looks the better option to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by salford1986 View Post
    Hello guys told you a few month back started a residency in a pub which has karaoke Friday and Saturday my mics were prosound 2 wireless mics which I purchased in craplins.

Now they have been battered, for one the battery keeps coming loose so its a hit and miss with vocals due to battery disconnecting so gotta reinforce it in place haha.

I want 2 mics pref wireless (which is better wireless or wired) I like the fact you can go anywhere with wireless but I mean durability.

I have about 120 for 2 mics do I go for wireless battery powered or rechargeable mics??
    Please take care not to use 'text speak' on the forum

sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Larry B Entertainment View Post
    TBO if your mics have already been wrecked in a few months then anything of any quality will soon be wrecked again.

I would buy a pack of these.
    http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/30071...var=sbar&cbt=y

Used them for years for karaoke and they seem to stand up to a fair bit of wear and tear. Also being wired, people cant walk off with them. If they get broken, not too much to replace either.
    Job done.
    +1 for all the reasons stated.
    Have used the same set for 5 years and still going strong, apart from a few replacement cables no issues.
    The Keyboard is mightier than the Sword ?
    Occasions Of Excellence For One & All In Cornwall

Quote Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
    +1 for all the reasons stated.

Larry Basham

Can you play something with a beat ?

Having done karaoke for more than 15 years and having tried and tested all sorts of gear, I think I can help.

If you have £120, don't waste your money on radio microphones. You'll buy nothing but rubbish. When new they might look good and they might even sound good, but they wont last because they are built to a price rather than a quality threshold. To get anything like a decent quality radio microphone you'd need to invest around £400 per mic and even then, they would not be idiot proof i.e. resistant to drops. I use Sennheiser E165's (condenser) which cost even more and the steel construction and overall build quality means these have proven to be reliable. Whether they will ever be worth the investment is questionable.

A couple of branded cabled mics would be a better choice - Sennheiser, Sure Beyerdynamic etc all do decent budget mics. Invest in some good quality cable too.

As said above, if you want a wireless radio mic system - you need to invest in quality [of build] as well as stability ... anything over £300/£400 !!

If you are happy to use a corded mic then you can do no wrong by investing in some Shure SM58 mics - these will outlast [anything/most things] I have 3 of these and theay have been with me for over 15 years [been dropped, swung, smashed, you name it...] and they still work

Another thing to consider is having quality mics [whether radio or corded] for people you know and trust [over time] and then keep the cheaper options for newbies and those you consider, well - heartless with your equipment [I don't allow anyone i consider to be overly drunk or non-compos-mentis to sing on my karaoke].

Thank you
    *** Genie Discs Entertainments ***

Professional Sound & Lighting, PAT Compliant, DJ Guard PLI Insurance and PRS/MCPS ProDub License.

While the shure SM58s are a really good quality mic, I've found that, when putting two together, or one plus another mic, in a karaoke environment, it tends to increase the risk of feedback especially if you're using a lot of echo/reverb fx. For me, a better (not to mention cheaper!) option is the Shure PG48 which I use regularly for karaoke and also have one as my main DJ mic. They're not as sensitive as the SM58 therefore reducing the likelihood of feedback.

But they are wired and, to be honest, I do much prefer wired mics for karaoke as it helps keep your punters "on a leash" so to speak!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!