Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Mac book pro

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    It does have both VGA and hdmi so which will I get the longest length of, please.

Sarah x
    VGA is far easier to send over longer distances. HDMI can be very troublesome.

However, some TVs are limited in the resolution that they will accept via VGA.

My Toshiba Regza ia a 1920 x 1080 TV and can happily accept that resolution via HDMI but it wont accept anything higher than 1024 x 768 (XGA), it wont accept 1368 x 768 which is WXGA let alone anything higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry B Entertainment View Post
    Im sure I couldnt go out now and buy a mac book pro, plonk some DJing software on it and thats it....Done !
    I wouldnt have to change a single performance setting ?
    Not a single one.

I got my Macbook Pro, took it out of the box, put Serato Scratch Live on it, connected it to my SL1, connected it to my HC4500 and went out to do a gig...didn't touch any settings. And it worked just fine and dandy.

A Windows-PC would require a bit more setup than that, but would probably be just as reliable.
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever

Quote Originally Posted by katman View Post
    VGA is far easier to send over longer distances. HDMI can be very troublesome.

The best bet is convert VGA to composite, run it into a switch box with your CD+G player and the run composite into a dedicated input (or a SCART adaptor) on your TV. The composite signal is pretty robust, the cable is cheap (as it only requires two wires) and it can easily be run over distance.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

At the moment I'm still using my scart lead from the C.D+G players and hdmi from the laptop.

I'm just changing the source mode on the tele with the remote.

I don't envisage having to use the C.D+G players too much now and hope to eventually phase them out once I get virtually confident and can afford further virtual back up.

If I do find this a pain and troublesome in a gig environment I'll revert to the V.G.A and switchbox route.

Thank you all for your help

Sarah x