Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: First "proper" party - big success!

Default First "proper" party - big success!

Hello,

I have only recently started doing discos, I only really focus on childrens parties as I am a big kid at heart still!

I have done a few parties for friends of the family in their homes but had my first big scale party with over 30 kids yesterday in a local hall. After setting up everything in the hour before the party all the kids came into the hall chatting and looking excited - the whole party went fantastically well!

Every child was joining in as I have my parties full of games and party dances so they seem to love that! Everyone went away saying how fantastic it was and how much they enjoyed it, the parents were very impressed and have three potential schools in the local area that I may become their school disco dj for which is great and hopefully will have some parents inquiring as well as lots of flyers and cards were taken!

Overall im a very happy person right now, was rather worried about how it would go, but it went great and hopefully is the start of something big!

Glad it went well for you. If you have never thought of being a children's magician, it is worth going to a magic club in your area, http://www.magiceffects.co.uk/newmarketmagicclub.co.uk/
    It opens up the world of kids parties and can earn you more money too. Gary, GDK Entertainments and Paul, Supersound disco are into children's a lot and Paul is a great magician. I am with Anglian Magic Society and these groups are always willing to help. So, what are you waiting for , give http://www.magiceffects.co.uk/newmarketmagicclub.co.uk/ a call and go to the next meeting. Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by EAPDiscos View Post
    Hello,

I have only recently started doing discos, I only really focus on childrens parties as I am a big kid at heart still!

I have done a few parties for friends of the family in their homes but had my first big scale party with over 30 kids yesterday in a local hall. After setting up everything in the hour before the party all the kids came into the hall chatting and looking excited - the whole party went fantastically well!

Every child was joining in as I have my parties full of games and party dances so they seem to love that! Everyone went away saying how fantastic it was and how much they enjoyed it, the parents were very impressed and have three potential schools in the local area that I may become their school disco dj for which is great and hopefully will have some parents inquiring as well as lots of flyers and cards were taken!

Overall im a very happy person right now, was rather worried about how it would go, but it went great and hopefully is the start of something big!
    Welcome to the entertainment industry!!

When things are going well, the adrenaline starts pumping and it's a great feeling - which you've obviously just experienced for yourself. Then you find yourself wanting more and more and you're enthusiasm is contagious and your next gigs get better and better as your confidence grows. Ride this wave and your audience will appreciate you.

I always thought that Don McLean had it spot on when he sang "And I knew if I had my chance, then I could make those people dance and, maybe, they'd be happy for a while.". This is how I feel as an entertainer. When I do a gig and people are dancing and enjoying themselves, I get a warm, exciting feeling when I think that they're having a good time because of me - because of what I'm doing. It's the reason I love this job!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Smile

This whole post has made me smile.

Brilliant. Really refreshing & nice to hear when something goes well.

Glad you enjoyed it & keep up the good work.

Thanks very much everyone!

Nice one buddy, congrats on a great party
    Facebook - Bumble 'B' Roadshow
    Twitter - KidsChaos
    Skype - Garry.Williams402