Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E-Readers instead of Song Books

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I would expect that that system is an add-on for Swift Elite, another of Tricerasoft's software. I trialled that software a few years ago and it was really quite good with some fantastic visuals.

I use something similar for VDJ:

http://www.pangolinsms.com/productfa...ily/virtual-dj.

It's quite possible that you could get your interactive database to send a text to the Essential Visuals software which would do what you're looking for.
    Yes I use that -but just the plugin and not the SMS part of it.

I use Iwall for text-2-screen and I am hoping the develper is going to include a request function.

I could not get the tricersoft Iphone app to connect my request server (demo version) which is quite disappointing as I could have easy dropped this app on an ad-hoc wifi connection.
    -------------------------------------------------------

www.vip-disco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Numpty question alert! I can nearly understand the possibility of making your track library available through wifi. Nearly. The next logical step is taking requests the same way. Is that possible, or am I asking for the moon? ( And I don't mean just accepting texts, cos I've seen John have a phone for that before. )
    Going back to the OP's question, "all" you need is a box that can act as a wifi hotspot running a web server. Then build out a simple website containing the content you wish to distribute and make it the default landing page, so that anyone connecting to the hotspot immediately gets taken into your closed system. Much like hotspots in hotels etc. but without the hefty fee

Probably the cheapest, easiest and most flexible way to achieve this is to use a fairly low powered laptop or netbook. Linux is a good way to go, so well suited to those sub-£200 jobbies often found in the likes of Craplins or Darren's shed.

I only mentioned the Fritz! boxes because from a setting-up-at-a-gig point of view it's just a case of plugging into the mains, but obviously a bit more complex to set up and manage away from the venue.

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    Going back to the OP's question, "all" you need is a box that can act as a wifi hotspot running a web server. Then build out a simple website containing the content you wish to distribute and make it the default landing page, so that anyone connecting to the hotspot immediately gets taken into your closed system. Much like hotspots in hotels etc. but without the hefty fee

Probably the cheapest, easiest and most flexible way to achieve this is to use a fairly low powered laptop or netbook. Linux is a good way to go, so well suited to those sub-£200 jobbies often found in the likes of Craplins or Darren's shed.

I only mentioned the Fritz! boxes because from a setting-up-at-a-gig point of view it's just a case of plugging into the mains, but obviously a bit more complex to set up and manage away from the venue.
    yes I guess I could build a small linux webserver on a USB stick and add the landing page - add an adhoc network and away you go...

www.vip-disco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
    I am developing something similar here. Just waiting on some parts due to a horrific lead time...
    please let us know how you get on? thanks

www.vip-disco.co.uk

Well I have mine working in a way

I tried to use DDWRT on a Dlink Router and use the Hotspot functions NoCAtSplash and found it to be very unstable and didn't work at times!

Ok so I resorted to use a free Hotspot software called Virtual Router
    http://virtualrouter.codeplex.com/releases/view/36035

So this gives users access to my laptop via a wifi hotspot.

I used a portable version of Xampp for the webserver.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/xamp...3.zip/download

All the clients have to do is connect to the wifi hotspot and type in the browser a small url (I edited my hosts file to redirect to the web server pages)

It's not slick as I would have liked.

I would have prefered customers to just join my wifi hotspot and then be taken automatically to my karaoke database.

Any suggestions comments most welcome.

www.vip-disco.co.uk