Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have a lock up or unit if so read on!

Default Do you have a lock up or unit if so read on!

This is aimed at those with a lock up / unit.

I'm going to look at one hopefully on monday and am interested to hear how others work it.

The one i'm going to see is 1000sq ft with kitchen, office and toilet so sounds promising.

So to those with units / lock ups here's a couple of questions for you

1. Do you have your whole business there? Ie all your kit plus all the office type stuff and nothing at home?

2. What sort of security do you have in place?

Thanks in advance
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

i own my premises on a business park freehold so a bit different

1- everything is on site although i do have a laptop at home and can access emails and quotes etc

2-purpose built 2000 sq ft strong room,double breeze block with steel mesh in between, ram raid posts and red care, business park also has 24 hour security and gates locked between 7pm-7am but you can gain access

business rates are 24k per year, rubbish removal has to paid for separately and the council will want to see the contract(dont think you will get away with it)

telephone,water,electric,gas still to pay for

best decision i ever made to buy proper premises and remove the office from the home, you can lock up and walk away at the end of the day

Good size that one.

I've just moved into one as you properly know, I'm going over the insurance aspect next week in regards to the type of security that I will require.

Is yours on a business estate? Can you get a phone line installed?
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

24k on rates alone- that's a lot of discos!
    Do you use this for another business?

Quote Originally Posted by woody2 View Post
    i own my premises on a business park freehold so a bit different

1- everything is on site although i do have a laptop at home and can access emails and quotes etc

2-purpose built 2000 sq ft strong room,double breeze block with steel mesh in between, ram raid posts and red care, business park also has 24 hour security and gates locked between 7pm-7am but you can gain access

business rates are 24k per year, rubbish removal has to paid for separately and the council will want to see the contract(dont think you will get away with it)

telephone,water,electric,gas still to pay for

best decision i ever made to buy proper premises and remove the office from the home, you can lock up and walk away at the end of the day
    Thanks for that. Plenty to ponder

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Good size that one.
    I know. Maybe too big but going to use it to garage the Corrado aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Is yours on a business estate? Can you get a phone line installed?
    No it's not. from what I can gather via Google maps etc is that it's in a residential area behind some houses.

Still waiting for a call back off the estate agent to confirm a viewing. Not sure about phoneline yet.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

The major hire company's around here are just a simple warehouse with roller shutters and the normal security systems and cameras.

I've google street mapped the place and I don't think it's quite what I'm after. Floor space looks good but from what I can tell it's only got a small double door and a low roof.

I was planning on parking the van in it so maybe a look somewhere else. However as the google pic was 2009 I'll still view it.

I don't get or understand why we need lockups? Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    For me it's twofold, well actually 3 Firstly I don't have a garage so all the kit is stored in various places and locations. Secondly if I can get an office out of the house it means work and home are seperate things

And lastly I can park the van in it or by it as the neighbours are starting to get a bit miffed of us having 3 vehicles parked outside

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Says the guy who doesn't flightcase half his gear?

No distractions if your working in a "proper office" rather than home.

Security, people can come and go if your dry hiring stuff and like Paul said it makes switching off from work easier to do if your desk is a couple of miles away rather than a couple of metres
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk