Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Mythe Barn, Atherstone, Leicestershire

Default Mythe Barn, Atherstone, Leicestershire

This is a new wedding venue, opened in May I believe.
    Just been up to this venue for a meet and thought I would post a few observations.

'Entertainment' is normally provided in the reception area opposite the bar, rather than in the main room. I would normally go against this but the venue seem to prefer it that way and the client has concurred with this.

Space is limited especially as I will be working with a 4 piece band on Saturday night.

There is a sound meter set to go red at 95db however this does not cut power. 95db I understand is fairly reasonable and not as bad as some.

So a nice 'surprise' from the venue there. The second surprise was that music has to finish by 2345, but everything has be out of the venue by midnight. This was met with some disapproval and I will be finishing at 2330 to give me a chance to de-rig and load out (will still have to be quick!)

This shows the setup position. Limited ceiling height and space. I plan to offset the booth to the right (as you look at the picture) a bit allowing for speakers to the left and I will run the other speaker over the other side of the band. Hopefully my moving heads will arrive by Sat as I will put then on poles on my booth. Not much room for much else, otherwise it will be a low overhead.

This picture shows the overall area and the 4 piece band will be in the area to the right. I plan to uplight the entire area to add some effect. The other thing to notice of course is that it is quite light, but it should look good from about 10 onwards.

Last edited by WWDJ; 02-07-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Looks a nice place. The bar isn't in the same room is it ?
    I would find it a hard to compete with the revellers if it was.

Quote Originally Posted by MORGEY View Post
    Looks a nice place. The bar isn't in the same room is it ?
    I would find it a hard to compete with the revellers if it was.
    Yes, the bar is about 10 feet behind where the second picture is taken from.

The theory is that the main dining room is an area where people can sit and have some 'quiet' and that the bar area is noisy and happening.

I've not really done this before, but I suppose it's just like a small function room really, however people do have room to 'escape'. Let's hope they don't all do that!

That would be a first for me as well. I would be interested to see how this one goes. Two ways I suppose, Absolutely rammed with a busy bar and lots of dancers. Or lots of drinkers and a quiet night for you.

... and update!

I might now be playing in the main dining room. This presents logistical issues of it's own. Minimal turnaround, no room for time slippage and loading in through a crowded bar.

Early setup has been suggested so at least we can get on as soon as possible given the 'early' cut-off of having everything out by midnight.