Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: abuse from clients

Default abuse from clients

on sat night one of my jocks endured a tirade of abuse from A GROOM yes a groom , the music genre requested was upto date and play requests from guests which he did maticulously when request were playyed the groom was hurling abuse regarding this and ordering him ti change it (with a full floor i may add) i. from another venue had to phone the venue and speak to the dm and night manager as my jock thought if he came from disco then he would of been jumped by several of the grooms mates who were egging the groom on to clagg him, to which he did did a swipe at him for no reason other than being intoxicated beyond control, then he proceeded a tirade of abuse to the dm who was a redhead so you can only imagine what this half brain chav was hurling. and then the 65 yr old night manager. it goes on and you get my point. what gives people the right to do this to people doing who are there breaking their back for them

a very disgruntled sean
    Electric Nite Entertainment
    Taking Entertainment to the next level.

Sounds like a nightmare.

Out of curiousity, do you have anything in your T&C's about guest conduct?

I'd have no qualms about packing up and heading home in such a situation. At the first point of the grooms mates egging him on to "clagg the DJ" I'm afraid that would have killed the sound till they they were ejected from the building. If it escalated then call the police and start packing up. I have zero tolerance for this type of behaviour. We're there to do a job, not be threatened.

It is all to do with alcohol. I had an instance at a wedding 2 weeks ago where I nearly had a frank exchange of views with* the groom due to abuse, It is becoming quite frequent lately.

*Mod Note. Edited to more amenable language, at Hammy's request. . Excalibur.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 03-07-2012 at 11:48 AM.

we had security come from the nightclub downstairs for the last 20 mins to monitor the situation with it being nearly over because his bride was clearly upset with her new husbands behavior so we didnt want to ruin her day because of him. I would have understood if he wasnt playing what was requested on the itinery but he was and the dance floor was full. idiots !!!!!!
    Electric Nite Entertainment
    Taking Entertainment to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    It is all to do with alcohol. I had an instance at a wedding 2 weeks ago where I nearly had a frank exchange of views with the groom due to abuse, It is becoming quite frequent lately.
    maybe the above was the wrong words so here goes again

It is all to do with alcohol. I had an instance at a wedding 2 weeks ago where I had to"converse with, In a stern manner"with the groom due to abuse, It is becoming quite frequent lately.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 03-07-2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Replaced phrase advocating violence.

I had a Groom start to have a go at me recently because I hadn't played his mate's request for Marvin Gaye. He soon backed off when I explained that the moron had made his request 20 minutes after I had finished and taken the speakers to the vehicle!

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    maybe the above was the wrong words so here goes again
    Much better mate. Well done for spotting your faux pas. I'll edit the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker View Post
    when I explained that the moron had made his request 20 minutes after I had finished and taken the speakers to the vehicle!
    Oh my, that's sheer class!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Makes me not want to go out on Saturday night now.

For sure, if things got that bad, music would be off straight away.

I think i have only had one lot of 'abuse' in the last 5 year from one very drunken woman.

For me, if anyone decides to take a swipe at me, there will be no more music! Plain and simple. My safety and security is paramount and if can't be guaranteed then I'm gone.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

It's something that I mention in my pre-function meetings towards the end. I don't mean it to come across as a negative and I tell the customer that.
    I explain that generally, if you go out to a Bar or Club and there is music and alcohol involved, there are usually doorstaff employed. I (we), go out week in, week out to functions where more than likely we know nobody and there are no doorstaff to look after us.

I do explain that it is a very rare occurrence and 99.999% of the time nothing happens. The worst is usually someone being verbal and I can handle that. We shouldn't have to take it but it's easy enough to deal with if you have to.
    What I do is get the name of the Best Man or someone the customer nominates in advance and advise that this person is the person I would call upon should there be a time when I need them. I make myself known to that person on arrival.

I can only think of 2 occasions where I have had to call upon someone. I was never threatened to be fair and I wasn't in danger or anything. It was a case (on both occasions) and someone simply not leaving me alone to get on what I was there to do. It was quite verbal at times and on both occasions, the trouble makers (or pain in the backsides) were asked to leave.