Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QTX speaker stands

Default QTX speaker stands

Hi all,
    Last week my trusty giraffe speaker stands bit the dust and wouldn't tighten, So I looked online for new stands and every second pair were cheap qtx ones, So with a wedding coming up this friday I was running out of time and went for a pair to get me by till I find a good pair But ive got to say these actually look quite sturdy and as if they'll do the job for now! The only thing i'm thinking about doing is changing the safety pins from my old ones as the chains look stronger but maybe not.
    Does anyone have these?, Are they any good? At £35 they will at least do for a spare set

Is it the ones which come with a Bag ? If so, be careful - they have had a massive issue with them that they don't want to admit. Without doubt they are great value and for years had no problems - but the latest batch or two are brittle on the colar.

If you drop them it will shatter very easily.

I went cheap for years and was replacing the every year or so.

This year I bit the bullet and bought the Ultimate SureLOC stands and not looked back.
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Yes they are the ones with the bag from whybuynew, got them now so time will tell if there actually any good

The qtx ones are no good.I bought a pair 2 weeks ago but have to say the first gig i used them at i thought to myself these are to lightweight for my rcf 312active cabs.plus they do not go high enough up for my likeing.

If its just a cheap lightweight speaker then yes they will do fine,but if its a stronger heaveier speaker then its a no no.

I wish I had asked first but I couldn't find many negative reviews and they seem to be alot sold
    http://www.whybuynew.co.uk/stands/sp...s-with-bag.htm

Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster mobile disco View Post
    The qtx ones are no good.I bought a pair 2 weeks ago but have to say the first gig i used them at i thought to myself these are to lightweight for my rcf 312active cabs.plus they do not go high enough up for my likeing.

If its just a cheap lightweight speaker then yes they will do fine,but if its a stronger heaveier speaker then its a no no.
    It says 35Kg on the spec. I'm sure I've got a pair of these floating round somewhere that I haven't had problems with.

I bought a pair a while ago (I thought it was from DiscoWorld - maybe not?) as a backup to my long-serving Proel stands. I've used them a few times and the only issue I can recall is needing to retighten the bolts on the brackets that connect the legs to the bottom of the pole. But I've had to do this with other stands, also, so no real disappointment there.

I've just re-read Darren's (DiscoWorld) post and have noticed that he has stated that there were problems with the latest batch. I've probably had mine a couple of years now so maybe I'm not best-placed to comment on the latest ones.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Agree with DazzyD , had mine for a couple of years , and the only problem was the nuts coming loose on the leg to main tube , lock tight cured this , and the zip on the bag broke.....

but apart from that , good for the price

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

I always find with the cheaper stands that, although they use Nylock nuts on the bits your taKlingon about...the bolts aren't actually long enough, so I always ended up swapping them out.
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.