Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: XPRS Console

Default XPRS Console

Here we are, in the flesh and in use. An XPR Console. Thought it might be useful to see the finsihed article. Not a lot you can say about it really. Comes with bags, shelves and the like.

Easy to set up / fold up. I still think the shelves are a bit too high.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I dont know wether I like it or not.

I think for 18 - 21st's and proms maybe this is OK and will fit in well. Not for weddings or corporate though.

If I showed this to my clients, i dont think I would have many clients left

There is a market for these, just not mine.

As for the 1st pic, a S&H would have looked a million times better in that room... sorry

You're not overly impressed Paul? What does it weigh mate and when you say easy to set up, how long does it take? I quite like it, not for what I do though really. At the £800 price tag for me personally it would be S&H/DSPB all day.

I like it!

It's different, makes a change to the usual ultimax gear.

Also I like the fact it's difficult to knock over.

Set up is 5 mins - a bit quicker than a V2 deckstand

It's not that I don't like it but I can't get too giddy about stands. I have a deckstand booth and I'm happy with that! This is one was bought by one of my DJ partners but we thought we'd let you chaps take a look in case you were fancying one.

On the plus side it is very light, compact, very rigid, the shelves are strong, it has an interesting look to it and unlike a star lit cloth I don't think a pint of lager and lime down the front of it wouldn't do much harm. The translucent bits are wipeable. I reckon you could do some very pretty / impressive things when lighting it. On the down side, you can see through parts of it so cables, plugs etc are visible. The top shelf is quite high so not so good if you have mics, playout, mixer all in one box because it would all show over the top. Most critically though, it doesn't give as much protection as the taller deckstand booths.

Used mine for the first time tonight. I love it.
    Perfect hight for me (I use either a xone dx controller, cdjs or technics 1200's)

I saw your YouTube video and the fact you were missing your front panel. Mine came with one but have been told there is a 2 week delay on the bags so that's the only awkward thing at the mo as the shelves are a pain to carry in.

I'm going to have a black cloth made for it for when the booth needs to be all black. Personally the room I was in tonight is white with coloured downlighting and out of all my kit the black speakers looked the worse.
    The booth fitted in perfectly and would suit a wedding

Matt

I'm not sure I would like a shelf that slopes downwards like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I'm not sure I would like a shelf that slopes downwards like that.
    Looking at the first pic it appears to be level. I think its just an optical illusion in the second pic but it does look somewhat downhill towards the back

I think my post must of got deleted but just wanted to confirm the shelf is completely flat

Matt