Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: XPRS Console

Quote Originally Posted by ianforest View Post
    I quite like it.

I think. Not sure.

Easily, you'd just need a custom case. I have a friend who has a 40" wide case with two 19" wide 8u compartments in it. It looks really neat. Wheels at one end. It weighs a bit to be fair, he's got in it (from memory)...

Left side...

Denon HD2500
    Denon X900

Right side...

MC6000
    Connector strip

And then buried inside he has all the cabling, a Shure twin wireless mic receiver and so on.
    This really highlights that with the XPRS, you really can do anything if you put your mind to it.

Some people have quite rightfully highlighted that cabling can be a problem. However, using proper cable ties (you can sometimes get them from the pound shops believe it or not - the ones you can use at computer workstations that are usually PVC and grey) will completely eliminate this problem.

The shelves are really quite sturdy and the bottom one is braced with aluminium bars at the bottom - it's not going to snap, believe you me!

Just as an side, check out what one person has done with their XPRS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=g9rfSfOnlzs

Mike @ Gear4DJs

Gear4DJs.co.uk - Suppliers of Professional Sound and Lighting Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by gear4djs View Post
    This really highlights that with the XPRS, you really can do anything if you put your mind to it.

Some people have quite rightfully highlighted that cabling can be a problem. However, using proper cable ties (you can sometimes get them from the pound shops believe it or not - the ones you can use at computer workstations that are usually PVC and grey) will completely eliminate this problem.

The shelves are really quite sturdy and the bottom one is braced with aluminium bars at the bottom - it's not going to snap, believe you me!

Mike @ Gear4DJs
    That does look good

Quote Originally Posted by gear4djs View Post

Mike @ Gear4DJs
    That's the very same stand I posted pictures of with DJ rob's homemade rgby led frontage. He has eliminated problems with wires dangling. He's a very clever chap.

My main concer is the top shelf being sloped and punters placing their drinks/bottls on there and the inevitable happening below !!

I was seriously considering getting one of these over all other booths/options but that has put me off

Thanks
    *** Genie Discs Entertainments ***

Professional Sound & Lighting, PAT Compliant, DJ Guard PLI Insurance and PRS/MCPS ProDub License.

Yep, I think there's an issue there for sure. I mean, let's be honest, this product was never designed for what we do, we don't want Mr. Destructo drunken guest putting his bottle of Corona on that slopy bit, that would be a catastrophic fail.
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever

This video of it has put me right off

This video of it has put me right off!!

I like my DSB more and it always gets good feedback from the clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Collins View Post
    This video of it has put me right off!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djGVZ...eature=related
    I think it's worth pointing out a few inaccuracies in this video...

The front panel that is missing in this video is aluminium, and are all currently shipping as standard with all LiteConsole XPRs - a small percentage of orders did not ship with the front panels, but they definitely do now.

The strut that is shown in the video is optional - it can be used sometimes for more strength, but it not neccesary as it can admittedly interfere with uplighting.

The perspex panels look very loose in that video, but they *do* hold into the console comfortably well and do not wobble in reality like shown in the video.

The strut bars are also, strictly speaking, bonded in using industrial strength bonding material rather than 'glued' in. This is quite a pedantic point, but I think it's still worth pointing out!

Finally, all of the plastic mountings on the console are ABS plastic (a ludicrously strong plastic material used in literally thousands of applications) which will easily hold the weight of DJ equipment and take the use (and abuse ) of DJ shows.

I think it is great that people put up videos such as those, but I think it is also worth highlighting points such as these - things can get very confusing otherwise.

Mike @ Gear4DJs
    Last edited by gear4djs; 11-07-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Gear4DJs.co.uk - Suppliers of Professional Sound and Lighting Equipment

never the less, the kick plate at the bottom doesn't look to be up to the job it is intended for!

It looks like it can easilly come away from the frame, break if kicked and lost / borrowed should it come away from the frame during the night.

Like the person who made the video said, he would have thought it would be made of aliminum or better still - steel for durability, and for the price that is what I would expect IF I were buying one.