Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: XPRS Console

I've just bought one .... waiting now for front metal panel ... apparently ships in a separate carton . There are two small grey plastic clip things in the box anyone got any idea what these are for?
    Question 2 ... Are bags available yet ?
    WOODY

Used mine at the weekend without the top slopeing panel and found it incredibly sturdy.
    Due to the venue I covered the booth in black surge wool cloth so it became just a black Dj booth.
    It got some great comments from the photographer who said "that's a clever idea having a shelf like that, most are just a frame with a cloth and then the Dj has another stand inside"

The kick board is sturdy enough for what it is. I don't think it was ever designed to take a proper kicking just to stop toes creeping in when a customer comes and says hello. An aluminium one would be nice but it hasn't put me off.

I'm still waiting on the bag for it which I believe should be turing up in the next week or 2. That will help load in and out as its a bit awkward having the shelves separate.

Matt

The shelves should certainly have some metal incorperated, so that it's supporting the frame from either side via a metal strut or 2, it could easily be implemented.

Rather than the abs holding the frames together and the ally simply glued to the abs, it would be much better if the ally was holding the frame together and the shelves were glued to the ally. Same with the kickplate, a decent one could be easily be included

Looks good but I don't think it's as good as it could be.

Has anyone used these stands with turntables. I do club nights and the look of the stand would work well. I am just worried that turntable feedback would be an issue.

The video put me off a bit as well. I thought the kick plate would be metal. I also think have the shelf braces hooking over the frame would be a good idea. Two turntables and a mixer is quite a weight.

I think the front panel is held in place by some sliding clips which stop it moving about.

I need to see one in the flesh to make sure it will work for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]www.super-sonic.eu

Quote Originally Posted by super-hero View Post
    Has anyone used these stands with turntables. I do club nights and the look of the stand would work well. I am just worried that turntable feedback would be an issue.

The video put me off a bit as well. I thought the kick plate would be metal. I also think have the shelf braces hooking over the frame would be a good idea. Two turntables and a mixer is quite a weight.

I think the front panel is held in place by some sliding clips which stop it moving about.

I need to see one in the flesh to make sure it will work for me.
    These stands do hold a great deal of weight - we're talking at least 20-30kgs total. The front panels are held with very strong ABS plastic clips.

Feel free to ask any more questions about the console

Mike @ Gear4DJs

Gear4DJs.co.uk - Suppliers of Professional Sound and Lighting Equipment

Thanks for the reply.

Does it come with a warrantee on the shelves.

Are the shelves easy to clean, with warm soapy water for instance.

Does the stand have rubber feet.

Is £799 a fixed price or are there deals to be had. You can pm me an answer to that if you like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]www.super-sonic.eu

If you are talking prices, I'm actually after the LiteConsole mk2, not the XPRS. PM me a price for that if you can get them.
    Adam F
    07736 834 750
    My opinions expressed here, are MY opinions, and NOT of any company I may represent, liase or work with or for.

First outing last night with my XPRS . Still have to get the panel laser cut and powder coated but all in all and quite pleased with it. I'm using it without the top shelf or support strutt and its sturdy enough. Not too sure about the plastic shelves I think these could easily be damaged at the edges if handled roughly. Going to get better bags made as the ones it comes with a pretty flimsy and don't really offer that much protection.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    WOODY

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_F View Post
    If you are talking prices, I'm actually after the LiteConsole mk2, not the XPRS. PM me a price for that if you can get them.
    What's the difference between the two consoles? I did a search to try and find an image of the Mk2 but couldn't turn anything up.

Cheers

Jem

Info here

Not as easy to transport, but for me it's for club nights & outdoor events.
    Adam F
    07736 834 750
    My opinions expressed here, are MY opinions, and NOT of any company I may represent, liase or work with or for.