Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Simple song book

Default Simple song book

Morning everyone,

I am about to start providing a karaoke in a new venue and one of there requests was that I must have a book of songs, easy request i know but the thing is that the other two venues i do karaoke at I just let the singers search for what ever song they want on my second laptop that I have on stage, no need for books.

I could of course create a song book with all the disks I have in my collection but the result would be a very thick book with lots of songs that people just dont sing.

Does anyone use a programme that can tell them the top 500 songs that are used so I can make a mini book just to dish out and still have my laptop set up for more obscure requests ?

Thanks

Phil.

Hmmm. Interesting question.

For that to work, you'd have to tell the program when a song is requested so it can keep a record of how many times each track is requested and then compile the top 500. Lots of DJ/KJ software will keep a playcount (ie the number of times the song has been played) and then you can order this via playcount and compile your list from that. But, if you're working from physical CD+Gs, then this is not really an option.

I no longer use books as I've been collecting karaoke for over 20 years now (since the early Pioneer LaserDiscs of around 1990/1991), and my collection is quite large so reprinting books is a huge ink-intensive task. The costs are really prohibitive. However, when I did, I used the Karaoke Song List Creator (KSLC) software from Airwer which was fantastic. This would take out any duplicate tracks which would reduce the size of the book it created. Maybe you could look in to this?

If you are all digital playout, then you can easily use a program like VDJ to keep track of your playcount and build your own "Most Played" lists from there.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!