Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New mixer needed

Default New mixer needed

hello
    looking to buy a second hand mixer and spend £180, I currently had a behringer eurorack 1204fxbut after the fuse kept cutting they reckoned £60 would fix the fault, so im currently on the look out for a new mixer.

I didnt mind the behringer, but if there are alot better makes out there id like you to tell me which you would prefer so i can get looking, something that would suit my mcgreggor mytek 210's with a peavey pv1500 amp.

thanks
    chris

I think you have all the "usual suspects" to choose from. While Behringer DJ mixers are rightly regarded as very poor, the FOH ones are normally fit for purpose. Mackie, and Peavey are the two which would head the list of alternatives.

I have a Behringer 1832, and would recommend that to anyone wanting a budget solution. Cost me £85 on Ebay.

Bearing in mind that the PV1500 only gives 300watts at 8 ohms, don't rule out a powered mixer, there are many which can easily equal that sort of performance.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

This is posted in the wrong area (as I suspect you know, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt & assume it's not a case of deliberately trying to get a moderator to intervene following your last little outburst). Now moved.

Please take care to ensure that you start new threads in the relevant forum section for the subject matter in future.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Corabar Steve; 09-07-2012 at 11:46 AM.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

pv1500 give out 4ohm at 600 which my speakers are 4ohm each side. before posting this iv seen a mackie dfx and cfx which im looking at buying.

A few questions,

does the mixer need to have built in FX?
    does it need to be rackmount?

Some mixers i would suggest looking at are the soundcraft epm range non fx or the efx range for fx. Some of the Allen and heath Zed range also fit into your budget

If you need FX would you consider a separate fx unit such as alesis midiverb which would have better effects and much more than on a built in desk.

Not really fussed about fx as the behringer mixer I had fx on it i didn't rate it much but are Allen and Heath a good mixer? I want something not poorly made like behringer, but obviously il have to take a chance in a user one because cant afford one from new

Are Allen and Heath any good?

Allen and heath are one of the top sound desk manufactures around. The Zed range is their budget range but are worth the money and alot of people rate them highly.
    The soundcraft epm range would suit your needs as well then. I believe they do a epm 6 or 8 which would prob suit your needs.

Both of these ranges are great desks.

Quote Originally Posted by audiovisualents View Post
    Are Allen and Heath any good?

Allen and heath are one of the top sound desk manufactures around. The Zed range is their budget range but are worth the money and alot of people rate them highly.
    The soundcraft epm range would suit your needs as well then. I believe they do a epm 6 or 8 which would prob suit your needs.

Both of these ranges are great desks.
    Quote Originally Posted by salford1986 View Post
    and spend £180
    Hmmmmm
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

I've just picked up a ZED-10 to replace my Behringer 1202...it's pretty awesome, if a little large. But love it.
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever

I have used Citronic Predator mixers for years. Main rig, back up rig and 1 as spare but 2 weeks ago I lost the right chanel on my main rig mixer so put the backup rig mixer in the main rig,spare mixer in the backup rig.
    The spare mixer has dodgy bass pots and I don't want to go to changing them or even cleaning when I use this, often for kids parties.
    So I have just bought a new but never used Citronic cdm 8.4 mk 5 off ebay for £96. After fitting it I had to try it and it really surprised me with the quality and ease of use. I run it into Bose L1/B1's.
    It is a good size, easy to use and good enough for me after 44 years as a dj.