Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: E Signatures

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    From what I can see on the pricing page of the website, the free version only stores the last 5 contracts so that might not be great option (unless you never expect to have more than 5 "live" bookings at any one time). However, the cheapest paid for option stores the last 500 contracts so it that the option you went for, Shaun?
    I am still thinking that the free version would be ok. My thoughts are that you wouldn't have more than 5 live (or I don't think I would) at any one time.

I would like to think that as soon as the client decides to go ahead, the contract would be emailed, and a signature (should) come back pretty quickly (within a day at the most).

Once it has been returned, I would then save in a folder which would then clear the whole thing for the next one.

What do you think?

I don't use Echosign, so can't comment on its system, but going back to the OP of this thread and "SignNow"; that isn't a true digital signature system at all. It's really just a PDF editor (ie it adds an image to a file and converts it to a pdf)

It doesn't appear to incorporate a digital tracking system with ID that the proper systems have. It wouldn't be difficult to 'forge' a signed contract under this system, and for that reason, it would never be as water tight as a fully tracked system.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it wouldn't hold up in court, but you may require other supporting evidence to back it up.

Also, not entirely sure that I've understood the system as I've only had a quick look, but wouldn't they need to sign the document, download the document, then email it back to you? That's certainly more of a palaver than real digital signature systems and might put some people off.

IMO, it's better than nothing, but nowhere near as good as proper digital signature systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    I don't use Echosign, so can't comment on its system, but going back to the OP of this thread and "SignNow"; that isn't a true digital signature system at all. It's really just a PDF editor (ie it adds an image to a file and converts it to a pdf)

It doesn't appear to incorporate a digital tracking system with ID that the proper systems have. It wouldn't be difficult to 'forge' a signed contract under this system, and for that reason, it would never be as water tight as a fully tracked system.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it wouldn't hold up in court, but you may require other supporting evidence to back it up.

Also, not entirely sure that I've understood the system as I've only had a quick look, but wouldn't they need to sign the document, download the document, then email it back to you? That's certainly more of a palaver than real digital signature systems and might put some people off.

IMO, it's better than nothing, but nowhere near as good as proper digital signature systems.
    Hi Angela
    Just had a look at the SignNow website. They are claiming that it is legal and secure?
    As far as I can see, as soon as the client signs and clicks "done" it is then emailed back. That is all they have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
    Hi Angela
    Just had a look at the SignNow website. They are claiming that it is legal and secure?
    As far as I can see, as soon as the client signs and clicks "done" it is then emailed back. That is all they have to do.
    It may be secure from the point of view that only you and invitees can access, and I'm not saying it's not legal, I'm just saying that I don't think it's as watertight as true digital signature systems. For example (although nowhere near as drastic) both verbal and written contracts are legal contracts, but obviously the written contract is the better option. If someone is looking to dispute a contract, the less 'wiggle-room' you have left, the better

You've looked in to it more re the 'done' and it's automatically emailed back. I only looked at it as a guest and tried to sign a document and there was no automatic saving there, so I was making an assumption (perhaps wrongly) that, as your clients won't have an account, that they will need to save the document (as I did as a guest) before emailing back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    It may be secure from the point of view that only you and invitees can access, and I'm not saying it's not legal, I'm just saying that I don't think it's as watertight as true digital signature systems. For example (although nowhere near as drastic) both verbal and written contracts are legal contracts, but obviously the written contract is the better option. If someone is looking to dispute a contract, the less 'wiggle-room' you have left, the better

You've looked in to it more re the 'done' and it's automatically emailed back. I only looked at it as a guest and tried to sign a document and there was no automatic saving there, so I was making an assumption (perhaps wrongly) that, as your clients won't have an account, that they will need to save the document (as I did as a guest) before emailing back to you.
    Thanks for that Angela. As I said it is something I am really just looking at, and I appreciate your help.

Any time

+1 for Echosign.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    +1 for Echosign.
    Can I ask how much you pay for Echosign?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
    Can I ask how much you pay for Echosign?
    £13.28 + £1.00 overseas transaction, is what I pay per month.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    £13.28 + £1.00 overseas transaction, is what I pay per month.
    Thanks Shaun.

I think I will do a trial on Echosign and see how it works for me.