Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Contract virgin!

Default Contract virgin!

This is a follow up to my esignature thread.

As I have posted previously, I am now after many years of DJing looking to start sending out contracts and T&Cs. I just want to make sure I have it all correct before I start. I have a couple of questions that hopefully haven't been asked before

(1) Has anybody (although you may not know this) had a potential client scared away by having to sign a contract (I am thinking about "smaller" bookings, say village halls or kids parties?

(2) I am working on a contract at the moment (thanks for your help Daryll )
    Does anyone think they could be a lot shorter and less scary looking! I know they are there to help us as well as the client.

(3) I take it the process runs like this (a) Client phones or emails to make a booking. (b) You email a contract/T&Cs. (c) They esign it, or print it off and post it back and either bank transfer the deposit or post a cheque with contract. (d) When the deposit is received do you then confrim in writing or does everyone email the confirmation?

Now it may be that I am making it harder than it actually is, but I just want to get it right, and wanted your thoughts on it.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by MikeW; 11-07-2012 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Spelling edit

Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post

Has anybody (although you may not know this) had a potential client scared away by having to sign a contract (I am thinking about "smaller" bookings, say village halls or kids parties?
    I've never had anyone query or question my contract....ever.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post

I take it the process runs like this (a) Client phones or emails to make a booking. (b) You email a contract/T&Cs. (c) They esign it, or print it off and post it back and either bank transfer the deposit or post a cheque with contract. (d) When the deposit is received do you then confirm in writing or does everyone email the confirmation?

I may do it a little bit differently to others. I don't provide a contract till the initial payment has been received. Here's how I work...

* Client contacts to make the booking.
    * I send them payment details along with a PDF of the terms and conditions that's contained in my contract.
    * Once they make payment I send them the contract via echosign.
    * They sign online and a copy is automatically sent to them and myself which confirms the booking.
    * I send them a quick email to thank them for the initial payment and let them know that their event is now fully confirmed.

Done!

When I used to send contracts out in the mail I would do it like this....

* Client contacts to make the booking.
    * If they opt to pay online I'd send them details, and once payment was made I'd send out 2 contracts already signed by me, and ask them to sign date and return one copy in the SAE I provided, retaining one copy for themselves.

* If they chose to pay by cheque I'd send out 2 un-signed contracts and ask them to sign, date and return BOTH copies to me along with a cheque for the initial payment in the SAE provided. Once the cheque has cleared I'd then sign date and mail them their copy of the contract, along with a covering letter informing them that their event was now fully confirmed..

Now, from past discussions on here the way I used to send out contracts differed from how many others do it, as I preferred to wait until any cheques had cleared until I issued the client with the contract and confirmation.

I don't think there's a right or wrong way. Just what's right for you.

I've got a customer 'questioning' my T&C's at the moment. He emailed me to question them 5 days ago but despite 2 emails has failed to tell me what the problem is. He's price shopping for sure. That's fine, because his booking isn't complete until it's done, so his daughter doesn't get disco

Generally contracts and deposits get paid in 48 hours.

I send one document, with details of the services to be provided, the customer details and the T&C's all in one. When this is signed and I receive a deposit they are all done.

My T&C's are there for all to see.
    I don't think they are that scary.
    http://www.warwickshireweddingdj.co.uk/index.php/tcs/