Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: A&H Xone:DX - Any experience?

Default A&H Xone:DX - Any experience?

Looking for info on the DX running Serato Itch.

After the usual details, build quality, sound quality, responsiveness etc etc.

Many thanks
    Steve
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Brilliant in answer to all.
    I have owned mine since new and have gigged a couple of times a week for the last couple of years.
    Sound quality and response is superb. I like that it has booth output and plenty of ins too. Your mic goes through chan 4 so you do lose a channel while it's in use.
    Build quality is good although the cue point buttons (not the cue button but the buttons to set and select other cue points) are not the best I have used. One of mine is starting to get a little sticky but then I cue point juggle a lot and have given them lots of use. When doing mobile work I never use them but in bars where I'm mixing a lot more I do.

All other rotory and buttons seem good enough for what the unit is.

Don't get me wrong this is not build like a pioneer djm mixer, if I put one of these in a club with loads of DJs using it I don't think it would last that long but if your using yourself and have some respect it will last ages. I will only change mine to get a vestax 380. And that's only because I want one (I missed scratching platters) there is nothing wrong with my xonex

Matt

Pleased you said that Matt.....I've just bought one lol

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Entertainment View Post
    Pleased you said that Matt.....I've just bought one lol
    Great news. Just got back from another flawless night using mine.

One thing to check tho is the USB cable. A friend bought a xone dx second hand and it came with a poor quality USB cable and he kept getting usb drop outs. Use a decent high speed USB 2 cable and you should be fine.

It using serato itch make sure you analysise all your files to check for any corrupt ones. I do it each time a new software update comes out and just leave it running over night

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mattred View Post
    Great news. Just got back from another flawless night using mine.

One thing to check tho is the USB cable. A friend bought a xone dx second hand and it came with a poor quality USB cable and he kept getting usb drop outs. Use a decent high speed USB 2 cable and you should be fine.

It using serato itch make sure you analysise all your files to check for any corrupt ones. I do it each time a new software update comes out and just leave it running over night

Matt
    I'm already a ScratchLive User, so Serato's a piece of cake.

Im having a couple of problems:

1. Everything works fine with the 1.6 Itch that came on the disc. Try and upgrade to 2.2, and i cant get the lappy to recognise the controller. Ive go the latest drivers and firmware installed so god knows.

2. I cant get any life out of the Master LEDs at all...sounds coming out, but they arnt lighting up.

Update - lol - 2.2...no go. 2.1 Great...so sticking with it.

That's also fixed the LED issue....

Matt...how do you find the Mic on yours...and the preamp output in general.

I tried the DX as a complete standalone system tonight and the pre-amp outputs a bit crap to say the least...and the mic...well...dont even get me started on that... I peaked it out without trying and it distorted like hell

I think im going to have to run into a small FOH mixer a this rate and use that mixer for the mic work.

have you adjusted any setting in the set up? you can up the gain for the main output.

I find the mic fine. You need to have the mic input setting (on the front) set so it doesnt clip red on the led and then adjust your gain on the fader and chan gain.

The DX has a very high quality sound card so the outputs should be superb. I will check what I have mine set on and let you know. Normally I have chan gains at about 11 o'clock and the master about 2 o clock and that is hitting out full (any more and my amp clips red)

I'll have a better play around tomorrow with it. Thanks from the info

Ive had my DX for a couple of years, and although it is definitely a nice looking bit of kit that works well, i have a few issues.

I really dont feel it is rugged enough for being carted around every weekend. Already one of the volume faders is faulty, the mic input is faulty, and a couple of the pots keep falling off. Im very careful with my equipment - i always case up and never throw anything around.

I do feel the next time I upgrade ill be going for a seperate mixer and controller setup. This is because as the DX is fully digital, even if you have CDJ's/Decks going through it, if your laptop goes down theres no backup.

Another thing is, if you do want to use it as a mixer for CDJs/Decks you have to keep going into the preferences on Traktor and changing all of the inputs. I know its not hard, but its just a little annoying task which would be avoidable if you had an analogue mixer where you can just plug and play.

I also found the USB lead supplied was loose fitting, and a slight knock cut the whole thing out (I replaced this with a different one and its fine).

If you are going to get one, id definitely recommend getting a decent flight case from the word go, and replacing that USB lead.