Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else bored of the olympic build up?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlinn View Post
    I love anything sport! So I'll be watching as much as I can fitting it round work. Can't wait for the opening ceremony. We went into London on thursday just to walk around the park and stratford just to take it in.

Love it, great stuff. I dont want it to be over.
    Do you mean the Olympic Park or a park in London?
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by discomobiledj View Post
    Do you mean the Olympic Park or a park in London?
    Just walked around stratford and a park near it. You cant go in the Olympic Park at the mo (I don't think)

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlinn View Post
    Just walked around stratford and a park near it. You cant go in the Olympic Park at the mo (I don't think)
    No, the public can't....but I can!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by discomobiledj View Post
    No, the public can't....but I can!
    oooooooo get you ! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wild View Post
    oooooooo get you ! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wild View Post
    oooooooo get you ! lol
    Steve

Rather than start another thread,if it's ok I will post on here regarding the opening ceremony.
    It was very British.I dont think the opening 'period' segment would have been appreciated by many outside of Britain;I certainly didnt enjoy that particular part.The NHS was very well done and looked very good.Not too impressed with the dancers in the modern sequence.They seemed to get lost in the vastness of the whole thing and it did rely to heavily on the TV with the girl/boy storyline.The guys on the bikes with the wings was very impressive too.
    The James Bond idea was quite funny and fair play to the Queen for going along with it.I quite liked the Arctic Monkeys but definately not Paul Macartney.
    A very smug looking David Beckham was a little irritating.
    The highlight for me was undoubtedly the lighting of the Olympic flame.It really was inspirational and a feat of engineering genius.Absolutely stunning.
    Just to keep the post DJ related.When I first started out as a DJ I used to love wearing bright coloured jackets,red,green and blue.Well tonight some of those athletes were wearing the most fantastic jackets in the most amazing colours.

What happened to the first part of Paul's song? Was it mimed? Did anybody else notice the mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    What happened to the first part of Paul's song? Was it mimed? Did anybody else notice the mistake?
    Seemed to me he was going to sing along to a pre recorded track but it went out of sync.
    He was OK but he can't really sing anymore.

I think its safe to say that was amazing. It goes to show no matter where in the globe you are there are english techs working on almost every large event, festival and tour. We are know for our work ethics and skill and creative flare and last night shows exactly that - we are the best.
    Other countries do fantastic things and have proved it in their opening ceremonies but what happened last night was a triumph and an unbelievable feat of skill, dedication and infrastructures and planning.
    pats on the backs to all invalid, friends, colleges and people i don't know - good work to you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I was a delay issue from what i was told by someone on the ground. Which is what you heard him singing to himself - not miming.
    Last edited by Chris1984; 28-07-2012 at 06:13 AM.