Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Buffet :)

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Now come on, Chris. Are you seriously suggesting that 99% of your clients READ your terms & conditions?
    I use a very large bold text and make sure I point out that term.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Is this a wind up?
    Serious, or tongue in cheek? No idea.
    More points of view here folks, some of which may also be a touch facetious. Judge for yourself.

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...=eating+buffet

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...ghlight=buffet
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Don't get me started on this again...

If im not offered. I wont help myself to the buffet and even if I am. I still dont although. If i have a roadie with me and they are offered then i tell them they are ok to get something.

Im happy with a soft drink whether im offered one or not. If not ill go to the bar and buy one unless i take a bottle with me.

I've said before that I don't have anything from the buffet. It does get mentioned in the meetings beforehand from time to time as the customer will say "You are welcome to help yourself". I always thank them but tell them that I don't eat when I am working but also that I don't think it looks good on my side because their guests won't know that I have been told it's ok. I just don't bother.

On saturday, the Groom came up to me around 10.00pm with one of the biggest bacon rolls I've ever seen. He said "Get that down you!" and walked off. I did oblige on that occasion because I was really hungry but I was also on a stage and I only had to stand back a few paces and no'one could see me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    I've said before that I don't have anything from the buffet. It does get mentioned in the meetings beforehand from time to time as the customer will say "You are welcome to help yourself". I always thank them but tell them that I don't eat when I am working but also that I don't think it looks good on my side because their guests won't know that I have been told it's ok.
    Have to agree 100%, most times I am offered and I always politely thank them and say I am okay, nothing worse than getting coleslaw on your controllers
    www.bossmankaraokedisco.co.uk & www.coventry-weddingdj.co.uk
    BOSSMAN KARAOKE DISCO inc. COVENTRY WEDDING DJ

Covering Coventry, West Midlands & Warwickshire

If it's offered and it looks like a nice buffet I'll usually have some.

Having seen many bands, entertainers, photographers etc queuing up and partaking I really don't think guests notice let alone care.

For all day weddings I stipulate that a meal and refreshments must supplied - having been in the position of seeing others tucking in while nothing was supplied to me (as I hadn't asked) I decided as it's acceptable for them it's also acceptable for the DJ.

Sometimes we still act like were bottom of the pecking order while all the other on the day suppliers are fed and watered, why should the DJ be an exception?

Of course I wouldn't expect to see the photographer taking photos with a ham sarnie in one hand and a camera in the other so there should be a certain amount of decorum and discretion.

This has to be a wind up lol (the taking of your own knife & fork bit)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    At least he gives them the opportunity!
    LOL !

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wild View Post
    This has to be a wind up lol (the taking of your own knife & fork bit):
    Reading this has made me chuckle. Oddly enough - no it not a wind up I bring my own knife and fork!

It's a buffet, the leftover food gets chucked at the end of the night anyway!

if you're working from say 2/3pm until midnight surely you should eat something?
    I do bring a few snacks in case I don't have the chance to eat something.

I personally wouldn't dream of not giving the DJ / Band / Photographers etc something to eat if it was my wedding, I'm very surprised that some people don't even offer!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

I know i don't post often, but this is a topic that i have been thinking about for a long time. Personally, I don't help myself to the buffet, even if its offered. To me, the person who has asked me knows i have been offered, but everyone else in the room doesn't. I don't like the idea of guests of the party thinking 'This DJ helps himself to the buffet'.
    Chris.
    Comet Entertainment.