Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Adding Karaoke to my setup

Default Adding Karaoke to my setup

I'm wanting to get into Karaoke (yes I know, I must be mad) and although I have lots of *ahem* karaoke tracks that I didn't pay for I want to run this like I run the rest of my DJ set up - i.e. legally and above board.

I know this is going to cost a pretty penny but where can I get a full set of sunfly karaoke tracks - I've looked on the website but can't see a 'full collection'.

The other option is ebay I suppose, but I want to make sure whatever I buy is legitimate otherwise, what's the point?

I use Virtual DJ so obviously MP3+CDG would be best (I don't want to have to rip hundreds of discs (again lol).

Any help please?

I have recently took the plunge for karaoke, but i'm not advertising it professionally yet, I will only do it for friends events.

I have decided to stream the karaoke live from the internet for the time being due to the cost of disks and additional equipment.

I use singtotheworld.com, its £6 a month for unlimited track streaming. All I have to do is connect a 20" flatscreen moniter/TV to my laptop via the HDMI port, quick tweak in windows display settings and good to go.

The only drawback of this method is connecting to the internet. I use my 3 Dongle but must admit i've yet to go to a venue where i can't pick up at least 3G on it.

It might be something to consider to see how you feel about karaoke in the long run, I mean I've used it 3 times now and still deciding if its something i would like to offer.

Oh and make sure you have a laser Printer - The track sheets are 200 Pages :O

Hope this helps
    Maidstone Based Professional Disco
    www.lasersounds.co.uk

You'd probably be better talking to someone like www.cookies.co.uk or www.emkaraoke.co.uk and they'll advise on the best packages. There are some different karaoke labels now who do really cheap starter packages. Alternatively, there are always genuine disc collections on Ebay and I'm pretty sure I saw a full set of new Sunfly discs there.
    Last edited by paulg; 21-08-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMdisco View Post
    I'm wanting to get into Karaoke (yes I know, I must be mad) and although I have lots of *ahem* karaoke tracks that I didn't pay for I want to run this like I run the rest of my DJ set up - i.e. legally and above board.

I know this is going to cost a pretty penny but where can I get a full set of sunfly karaoke tracks - I've looked on the website but can't see a 'full collection'.

The other option is ebay I suppose, but I want to make sure whatever I buy is legitimate otherwise, what's the point?

I use Virtual DJ so obviously MP3+CDG would be best (I don't want to have to rip hundreds of discs (again lol).

Any help please?
    I can't argue with that!!

Karaoke has always been my bread and butter but this year it's been like pulling teeth. At my regular venues people just aren't turning out like they used to and singer numbers have really dwindled. I'm not saying karaoke is dying - just sharing my own personal experience.

To answer your query about starting a collection, I would advise against jumping straight in with the legitimate MP3+G download option. This is because the cost per track of MP3+G downloads is really quite expensive. The cheaper bet would be to look out for job lots of 2nd hand original CD+Gs and ripping them to MP3 yourself. Time consuming but will save you save you lots of money.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

I think the point about dwindling interest in karaoke is worth thinking about. I'd second the view that it is perhaps not what it used to be and it seems to be going downhill. The investment needed to buy a decent catalogue of songs would now take a good number of years to recoup.

http://www.images2.co.uk/Karaoke_Dis...argain_Prices/

They have set thst contain 100s of songs at a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMdisco View Post

Any help please?
    If you are just starting out then there is two options really ...

One, to buy in a job lot of 2nd hand CD+G discs fro the like sof eBay - then you have to buy the software to rip them into the digital domain [NOTE! Doing this you will also require a Pro Dub License with Karaoke Uplift], so the cost rises ...

The best way is to purchase something like this from Zoom Click HereClick Here and by doing this, you do not need to rip any CD+G discs or have a Pro Dub License as they are already in the mp3+g format that you need for Virtual DJ.

All you do then is simply buy in any requested tracks [On the night using a dongle] and then just add them to your collection.

If you need to genearte books, there are various options out there from custom making them to using something like Karaoke Books at Click Here ...

Other websites to use to buy/download karaoke tracks from:

Selecta Track at www.selectatrack.com
    Karaoke Version at www.karaoke-version.co.uk
    Sunfly Karaoke at www.sunflykaraoke.com
    Karaoke [Zoom] at www.karaoke.cc

There are more

Thank you
    *** Genie Discs Entertainments ***

Professional Sound & Lighting, PAT Compliant, DJ Guard PLI Insurance and PRS/MCPS ProDub License.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenski View Post
    If you are just starting out then there is two options really ...

One, to buy in a job lot of 2nd hand CD+G discs fro the like sof eBay - then you have to buy the software to rip them into the digital domain [NOTE! Doing this you will also require a Pro Dub License with Karaoke Uplift], so the cost rises ...

The best way is to purchase something like this from Zoom Click Here and by doing this, you do not need to rip any CD+G discs or have a Pro Dub License as they are already in the mp3+g format that you need for Virtual DJ.

All you do then is simply buy in any requested tracks [On the night using a dongle] and then just add them to your collection.

If you need to genearte books, there are various options out there from custom making them to using something like Karaoke Books at Click Here ...

Other websites to use to buy/download karaoke tracks from:

Selecta Track at www.selectatrack.com
    Karaoke Version at www.karaoke-version.co.uk
    Sunfly Karaoke at www.sunflykaraoke.com
    Karaoke [Zoom] at www.karaoke.cc

There are more

Thank you
    Buying the MP3+Gs on disc already licensed is something worth looking in to. Images do something similar - you can get a EK starter set of CD+Gs plus all the songs on MP3+G format on a 500Gb hdd ready to load in to your player software:

http://www.images2.co.uk/Karaoke_Dis...ital_KJ_Deals/

I used to think these packages were a bit dodgy copyright-wise and they disappeared for a while but, seeing as how they're back, I'm assuming the copyright issues have been ironed out and they must be licensed now.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!