Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: not very helpful

Default not very helpful

Does any body else think that cobra steve is a loud mouth smartarse who can only insult people through the use of a keyboard. So I put something on the wrong thread is it the end of the world. I asked where I should have put it but just got sarcastic remarks ! If we had been talking face to face he would have been chinned. I've had it with this site. It just seems like a small click of subscribers that like to pat each other on the back while belittleing everyone else.

13 posts and you make a judgment like that.......wow !!!!!

how wrong can you be.
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Moments View Post
    Does any body else think that cobra steve is a loud mouth smartarse who can only insult people through the use of a keyboard. So I put something on the wrong thread is it the end of the world. I asked where I should have put it but just got sarcastic remarks ! If we had been talking face to face he would have been chinned. I've had it with this site. It just seems like a small click of subscribers that like to pat each other on the back while belittleing everyone else.
    Never heard of him. Is he new???

If it's Corabar Steve that you're referring to, then I don't think you could be more wrong in your description. Steve (and Angela, for that matter) are two of the friendliest, and most helpful, people on the forum.

Now, I've checked your posts and there are two that Steve has replied to. the first one was you suggesting that all DJ service providers who undercut you don't have PAT, PLI, pay tax, etc. You even then went on to suggest there should be a DJ licence to try and stop this (what about ProDub and the Digital DJ Licence prior to that?? ). Steve then quoted you and said he was bored with hearing this comment. And it is a boring subject because it comes up time after time after time. It's usually from DJs who have no confidence in the service they are providing and the fees they are charging and simply blame operators who can (and do) charge less. I always find it best to concentrate on what your doing with your business rather than spend time and effort worrying about operators in the "lower league".

The second comment was the one where you are asking if there are any real disco shops in your area. You've posted this in the Lighting Reviews section (where people post reviews of lighting effects and associated products). Steve and the other admins and mods give their time to keep the forum running smooth and they're the ones who have to take their time to move posts like this one to the correct sections. All he was asking you to do was to think about where you're posting your comments. He wasn't having a go at you and his reply wasn't in any way aggressive.

So, taking these points in to account, I think your quickly-formed opinion of Steve is not only wrong (in my opinion, of course, and you are certainly entitled to your own) but I also think your opening post in this thread is both offensive and aggressive.

However, it would be a shame if you were to leave as, with your years spent DJing, you must have loads of experience you can impart to newer DJs and help keep them on the right road to success. Shared experience is what makes this forum work, after all.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Actually no, Having met Steve various times I actually dont think he is loudmouthed at all, Now the subject of being a smart arse.

I refer the OP to the following rule:

12. Insults, flaming, personal comments, abuse, harassment and threats will not be tolerated: This applies equally to messages posted on the forums and to messages sent privately between members - either via the Site’s Private Messaging (PM) system or by email. Whilst we encourage debate between members and constructive criticism to help another member is usually acceptable, getting ‘personal’ is not acceptable. Be nice to each other and respect the decisions of the administrators and moderators (“Admins” and “Mods”). If you have a problem with another member, please refrain from retaliating and refer the matter to a Mod or Admin via PM. In the event of a serious breach of this rule (to be judged at the sole discretion of the Mods and Admins) the offending member may be banned from further participation in the forums. Furthermore, depending on the content of any abusive messages sent either privately or posted on the forums, we reserve the right to treat such as an un-authorized intrusion to the Site’s server and to report such to the relevant authorities for investigation in accordance with the UK Computer Misuse Act 1990 and its extension of 2000 (and any further or future amendment or addition thereto). We also reserve the right to start any other legal proceedings against such offending member at any time and without any further Cease & Desist notifications, and/ or (as appropriate) to inform any other relevant authority in this or any other country (depending on the origin of the offending member) for further investigations.

We take personal threats very seriously, so Golden Moments will be sin binned until the site admin discuss this further.

[I've had it with this site]
    I think we may have seen the last of him anyway Darren

www.accessallareasdisco.co.uk

Proud members of the NADJ

preposterous...

I have meet Steve and Angela on a few occasions , they are very friendly and always willing to help

Does any body else think that cobra steve is a loud mouth smartarse who can only insult people through the use of a keyboard
    never heard so much tripe...

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    preposterous...

I have meet Steve and Angela on a few occasions , they are very friendly and always willing to help

never heard so much tripe...

Daryll
    His not a loudmouth, but i reserve judgement on the smartarse comment
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I'm utterly sorry for saying this.... but this thread has cheered me up no end.

I haven't met Steve yet, but I don't get the impression he is a loudmouth smartarse....

Anyway... Pot Kettle Black....
    who can only insult people through the use of a keyboard
    Isn't that what Golden Moments have just done?? Haha.
    Landline: 01487 800040
    E-Mail: S[email protected] | Website: http://www.nxdisco.co.uk/
    Based in Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire.

Quote Originally Posted by NXDisco View Post

I haven't met Steve yet, but I don't get the impression he is a loudmouth smartarse....
    Are you coming to BPM?