Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: HTC One X

Default HTC One X

Hi all.

I'm looking for opinions on HTC's latest flagship mobile phone, the One X.

I've established that it's a quad core processor mobile phone that runs Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and also has onboard enhanced audio with Beats Audio (Dr Dre's system). I also know it's got 32Gb of internal storage but no expansion port. To put this in to context, my current phone has 1GB of internal storage and 8GB of MicroSD card. My current phone also runs Android 2.2 (Froyo). Now, I'm happy with my current phone but it's my birthday next weekend and I'm looking to treat myself.

Now, I'm not interested in the "Oh, you should get an iPhone" (I've nothing again the iPhone but I am not going to be an iPhone owner!) or "Oh, the Samsung Galaxy SIII is a much superior phone" (possibly, but it's not what I'm interested in!). So, I'm after comments on the HTC One X. Anyone?
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

I got one of these for my wife. She loves it. I have an S2 and her phone does everything mine does - pics are.good (it takes multiple pics with one button press and you pick the best one to keep) plus you can take stills from video so thats a nice touch.

A great phone, no problems with it and she is very happy
    http://www.therightmusic.co.uk/ Covering Norfolk and Suffolk.

Back in the UK!

Not used the HTC version of ICS but you will be very impressed compared to 2.2. The interface is a lot nicer and with HTC Sense on it, i can imagine that it is fantastic.

Thanks for your comments, guys. Really helpful and pretty much what I was hoping to hear.

I've been speaking to my brother today and found out his wife has the One X and he says it's better than his Samsung Galaxy S3. He says it even leaves the iPhone 4S standing (possibly why the arrival of the iPhone 5 is imminent!!).

So, that's swayed it. I've signed up to a £27 pound a month deal for more than enough minutes of cross-network calls, unlimited texts and 500MB of data. Just waiting for it's arrival!
    Dazzy D

Born to make you party!

Great phone - just carry a spare battery(s) or charger with you at all times.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Great phone - just carry a spare battery(s) or charger with you at all times.

As far as I'm aware the One X doesn't have user-access to the battery so you can't replace it / change it. It's somehow fixed in to the phone. However, it does have improved battery life over previous HTC smartphones such as the One S (apparently).

I've also been told it uses micro-sim cards as opposed to standard sims so I can't put my regular sim in that has the disco number. I'm going to use it as a personal phone, though, and keep my Galaxy Europa for running the disco.
    Dazzy D

Born to make you party!

You can easily get your number ported to save carrying 2 phones. Nearly all modern smartphones use a micro-sim.

My wife had one and even though she does not use it too much, the battery would not last a day. My HTC desire HD was lucky to last half a day.

Most smartphones do have rubbish battery life though.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Either use sissors and cut the sim card down or search ebay for a sim card cutter about 4-5 quid and just punch out the old one into a micro, job done.

I don't mind punching it out for you if you don't fancy using sissors, if you want to send me your sim and a return envelope I'll cut it and return it the same day, I have a cutter sitting here.

Again, thanks for your tips.

The phone came today and I've a bit of (or should that be a lot of?? ) a play with it and I'm quite impressed. It is rather large - makes my Galaxy Europa look absolutely tiny (which, to be fair, it is!). I've spent the last half an hour trying to blow out the flame on the Zippo lighter app - really good fun which I'll never get tired of!!

There's some good business apps, too, but I've having a bit trouble getting it to wirelessly print to my HP laserjet pro printer although I can the eprint feature to print out docs.

All in all, it's looking to be a good buy. I'll still keep my little Samsung for business calls, though. That, too, was a cracking buy at only £50 on PAYG!
    Dazzy D

Born to make you party!