Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Selling Uplighting / Moodlighting

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Website accounts for very very little of my work. ...
    The complete opposite for me. Most of my work is via my website or a directory site. Sorry,,Off topic.

My next big investment was due to be uplighting.

I bought 2 ADJ mega bars just to stand one at either side of me and am impressed with them, but at £75 a time, I don't think they're cheap.

I'd need at least 12 I think to offer uplighting, a mixture of the bars and ADJ tri par cans.

I looked into a few things. Found that there are 2 lads near me that would hire them to me at £70 a day for 12 units. They would deliver them and set them up if I wanted and I only need return them the next day.

I'm thinking that it just wouldn't be worth me investing in it considering I've spoken to a few D.J's who've said they're really struggling to sell it to their clients.

I've always preferred to own my own gear, but can't see how it would be viable for me personally to be honest, laying out £900+ for something that may end up just sat in a cupboard!

Sarah x

I brought 6 from one forum member , and 16 from another ,Silver PAR 56`s, and 2 cobra cases ( two others were free with the first 6) , and for what I paid , the have paid for themselves , and I have only used them twice , at the moment they sit in the garage , but they are always on hand if they are needed.

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

LED Uplighting is still exceptionally popular, it's very rare for us to have a weekend go by when we don't have at least 1 Uplighting job out, in the summer it gets crazy!

Re prices we charge £16 + vat per unit and add delivery, installation snd collectionon top which covers staff, diesel costs etc.

There are certainly more people doing it now though!!
    http://www.premier-ltd.com DJ's, Dance floors, LED Furniture, Staging, Lighting, Draping, Audio & Visual Hire

I find uplighting is always asked for. I guess it depends on which photos you are using and how much you are charging at the end of the day.

For instance Peter Lockwood's pictures on his site look amazing, it's no wonder he's not having any probs with them. Btw which pars are they Peter?

As Peters pics show, if you're going to do uplighting you have to do it properly otherwise it can look worse.

I'd say 50% of my wedding bookings this year all have uplighting included in the package.
    I agree that it has to be done properly. I am advising the customers that a venue visit is required if it's one that I have not been at before so that I can make sure it's viable to do it.
    I've had meetings this week at a couple of venues and they've been ok and I have another tonight and one tomorrow where they want uplighting.