Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Kam powerbar

You can also attach a few other lights on top of it if needed (as long as they're not to heavy), I don't think you'll be disappointed with it, I'd say it was the most useful lighting I've got.
    That sounds useful - I wonder whether we could attach our Abyss light to it which we direct at the backdrop behind the drummer - might be a bit heavy? Does it come with additional mounting holes in the bar then or would I need to clamp somehting to it?

Cheers,
    Andy
    Last edited by Corabar Entertainment; 10-01-2013 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Fixed quote bracket

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Raptor View Post
    That sounds useful - I wonder whether we could attach our Abyss light to it which we direct at the backdrop behind the drummer - might be a bit heavy? Does it come with additional mounting holes in the bar then or would I need to clamp somehting to it?

Cheers,
    Andy
    It has 4 mounting holes and the fittings come with it.

It'll easily hold your Abyss, I use more than that when I use it for my pub gigs, but there isn't a centre hole so I'd consider a second light so it's balanced both sides, but try it and see how steady it feels. I also use a sturdier stand when I'm loading it up with extra lights and bolt it on both sides to the stand (again holes and fitting are supplied).

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    It has 4 mounting holes and the fittings come with it.

It'll easily hold your Abyss, I use more than that when I use it for my pub gigs, but there isn't a centre hole so I'd consider a second light so it's balanced both sides, but try it and see how steady it feels. I also use a sturdier stand when I'm loading it up with extra lights and bolt it on both sides to the stand (again holes and fitting are supplied).
    Sounds good - not sure I understand about using a sturdier stand and bolting it both sides but maybe an excuse to buy another light sometime to balance the Abyss up!

So I went ahead and ordered the Stairville Tri LED on Monday along with some other stuff from Thomman. Still waiting for it to arrive - can't wait to check it out!
    I also ordered a single Stairville Tri LED flood panel thinking it might be quite good to direct at the drums to get some reflections off the chrome etc.
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/stairville_...l_7x3w_rgb.htm
    Anyone ever used one?
    Could this be linked as a slave to the Tril LED unit or wouldn't that work? If it would can anyone tell me what link cable I'd need?

Cheers,
    Andy

I bought 2 Stairville Tri LEDs last week. Tried them out for a childrens party last night. Both those lights and a ADJ Quad Phase was enough to give great effect in a very large gym hall. Will be buying a couple more in next week. Superb light and goes without saying, insanely bright.
    Dont see any reason why they could not be dmx to the the power bar. I slaved four LEDJ pars and they ran off the power bar no problem.

The only problem I had with the Stairville Bar was not the unit itself but the bag. The side pocket is a tad too small for the foot controller imo.
    After my friends 2 Kam Power bars went on the blink after just over a year, I suggested to him the Stairvilles, which he duly purchased.
    They arrived with a new bag with a side pocket that now not only takes the foot controller but also the cable.
    I sent an email last month to Thomanns explaining this and they have sent me a brand new bag which arrived today.
    Those lovely Germans
    You wont be disappointed with your purchase and a few dmx cables should suffice to link them to power bar.
    CDK ENTERTAINMENTS
    *music for all occasions"

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Raptor View Post
    So I went ahead and ordered the Stairville Tri LED on Monday along with some other stuff from Thomman. Still waiting for it to arrive - can't wait to check it out!
    I also ordered a single Stairville Tri LED flood panel thinking it might be quite good to direct at the drums to get some reflections off the chrome etc.
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/stairville_...l_7x3w_rgb.htm
    Anyone ever used one?
    Could this be linked as a slave to the Tril LED unit or wouldn't that work? If it would can anyone tell me what link cable I'd need?

Cheers,
    Andy
    I've not used the Stairville solo panel, I have the ADJ ones. Will the stairville work as a slave? I've no idea. If you wish to try, all you need is a standard DMX XLR cable, and set the single one to slave. Worth a try. Good luck.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

This is a great light but I'm finding it's nearly too powerful for some smaller venues. I havent dmxed it and dont use the footawitch, just leave it on a colour change chase sequence. Any advice please?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie View Post
    This is a great light but I'm finding it's nearly too powerful for some smaller venues. I havent dmxed it and dont use the footawitch, just leave it on a colour change chase sequence. Any advice please?
    Why don't you use the footswitch? You literally just have to plug it in and you have more control - static or fades for earlier on and a bit more manic later. Also, try tilting the cans upwards slightly.

I'll suggest getting yourself a DMX controller.

This will allow you to dim the powerbar as necessary to suit all venues. You also get the added benefit of being able to fully control the chase sequences, soft fades and colours

Just a quick one for Powerbar users, if your foot controller ever packs up and you can't be bothered to open it all up and find out why, just buy one of these -

http://www.thomann.de/gb/eurolite_le...footswitch.htm

Works exactly the same