Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chocolate fountains !?

Default Chocolate fountains !?

Whatever happened to them ?
    I did a wedding last night, yes on a Thursday !, and they had this years chocolate fountain and its called....................... a photo booth
    The b&g splashed out £600 on this, never seen one before, its a portable booth with a foolproof camera set up inside where guests take pics of themselves The "operator" made a round trip of 300 miles, they have 20 units out nearly every night, "demand is huge" his words.
    he showed me the album at the end of the night, about 25 pics of drunken guests gurning into the camera
    This years fad ? here to stay ? good money while it lasts?
    Whatever, he got £400 more than I did, brides eh ?

I'm pretty sure Daz, amongst others, will be hoping the "this years fad" is here to stay. They've invested quite heavily (money and time) in photo booths and I'm sure they're hoping that they'll be just as profitable in the next few years.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

They've been around for ages - you need to get out more

Also popular at Corporate Events, Christmas Parties etc. I think they'll be around for the duration, unlike some other fads with a photobooth you get a lasting memento of the night and people enjoy the experience.

I'm sure cheaper versions will dilute the market, but as usual the quality operators will ride above this.

I must do about 25 weddings a year and have never seen one before, mustn't have reached oop north yet. The operator said they were based in coventry and the work is very London centric and mainly corporate.
    Seems like its a bragging thing for brides, 2007 " oh yes we spent £600 on a chocolate fountain", 2012 "oh yes we spent £600 on a photo booth"
    Bring back the bar flys and sumo suits oh and don't forget the rodeo !

I don't think it's going to be a fad. How long have wedding photographers been around, or videographers?

I think it will be less popular in a couple of years, but remember how often people go to weddings or get married and how many times they will have experienced a booth. Not many I reckon...

And Martin, there are already cheap versions, bit of curtain, webcam and a stool etc, going out for a couple of hundred less than I do!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post

And Martin, there are already cheap versions, bit of curtain, webcam and a stool etc, going out for a couple of hundred less than I do!
    and no props.....

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    and no props.....

Shocking...

This time in three years, I reckon they'll be less popular. (I bet my life on it in fact!)

People like Darren etc will make a good return in the next three years anyway, ready to purchase the next 'new thing'

They've been quite popular with me. I've got at least five booked in for next year.

I think the diference between the photo booth and a chocolate fountain is the photobooth gives out lasting memories ie a photograph. Compared to a chocolate fountain where you get one nights worth of pleasure out of it, a photobooth gives you the photo to keep forever.

Thats my two pence. It may just be a fashion type thing that last a couple of years. But a good addition at the moment in my book.

Tom
    ATR The X-Faders | Mobile DJ's in Essex
    Billericay & Surrounding Areas
    http://www.thexfadersdj.co.uk | Facebook | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by thex-faders View Post
    I think the diference between the photo booth and a chocolate fountain is the photobooth gives out lasting memories ie a photograph. Compared to a chocolate fountain where you get one nights worth of pleasure out of it, a photobooth gives you the photo to keep forever.

Thats my two pence. It may just be a fashion type thing that last a couple of years. But a good addition at the moment in my book.

Tom
    I really think it will have more longevity than other 'fads'. My booth also records HD video and I have taken corporate bookings for it for delegates to use at conferences. Not only do people get the photo on the night, the B&G get a USB drive with all the high res photos on and videos too which they can share with friends and family or get photos reprinted. Double prints enables the B&G to have a wedding album too for them to keep at the end of the night. Photos are also hosted on Facebook and on the Photoboothz site.

Oops, went into advertising mode there for a minute...

Check out the pixel wall add on here.