Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The age-old 'Drinks on the dance floor' debate

I like the way you put that. You are right and no-one can say you're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    I don't think that there is a cut and dried answer. I think that, in each case, the facts would have to be looked at to decide who owed who a duty of care, how much, and whether or not they acted reasonably / took reasonable steps, etc and that just about any one involved could be held at least partly responsible in law.

the only case that i know of is, a client hired in ice sculptures which melted, someone attending the event slipped, went to court after a HSE investigation, client and venue held responsible.

i do wonder if the DJ gets involved with policing an event they are more liable? very rarely would you see other entertainers do the same

I think these could soon be popping up on dancefloors across the UK !
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Larry Basham

Can you play something with a beat ?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry B Entertainment View Post
    I think these could soon be popping up on dancefloors across the UK !
    You just know what's coming, don't you? Been there, done that. The brand new Golf Club roof was leaking, and it was during thunderstorms.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I did a gig many years ago and during my break was dancing with the ex wife.
    I felt something hit my arm from behind and a bloke had bumped into me with his pint.
    He said"Its a good job you didnt spill any or I would have knocked you out "
    People with drink in them can be completely unreasonable.

Reminds me of a gig in a castle this year. a star lit floor was installed. and the best man brought over
    2 glass picture frames with photos of the stag and hen dos. he placed them in front of my dj
    table. and asked all who attended the dos. to Sign them. i moved them off the dance floor
    and leaned them against the wall. that was about 2ft away from the dance floor. at the end
    of the night. some girl got on someones shoulders. then fell on the glass picture. cutting her
    foot open. i was worried i would be sued as i put it there. there really was blood on the dance floor
    that night.!

It amazes me how many girls see glasses smashed on floors and then continue to go back on the floor in bare feet!
    Whats worse people cleaning up glass with thier bare hands - happens 9/10 times.
    That is a more immediate threat rather than slipping up IMO.

I love the wet floor signs. they are more of a hazard than the water

I don't know if anyone remembers the waver i had to sign at my previous venue that deemed me
    "resonsible for personal injury in the designated entertainment area"

That was the hotel putting blame on me. Needless to say I did not sign it and promptly left their service!

I am putting something about personal injury in my t&c's thinking about it as i have to announce spills etc.
    What happens if it does not get cleaned and someone hurts themselves?
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by katman View Post
    I blame the electricity supply company.

They supplied the electricity that ran the coolers that chilled the beer that caused condensation on the glass that caused it to slip out of the persons hand and smash and spill on the dancefloor.

On a second count of guilt, had they not supplied the afore mentioned electricity, then the event could not have taken place and the accident would not have happened.

On a third count of guilt, without electricity, the great unwashed would not have been able to see the adverts for the ambulance chasing lawyers therefore the idea of suing would not have entered their heads in the first place.

I rest my case m'lud
    .... in the Court of King Caracticus.

Never mind the drinks on the floor.......its putting them on MY SUBS THAT DRIVES ME TO CAPS GRRRRRR

FlyBase Discotheque
    Phone : 07795625425
    Email : [email protected]
    Web : www.flybasedj.co.uk
    or
    Find me on Facebook