Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Childrens Party Photos and Using them on website

Quote Originally Posted by teenypops View Post
    How do you manage that?
    We always announce at the start of a kids party that we would like to take some photos of the kids at the party enjoying themselves for our Facebook page and if anyone has any objections then we won't. Simples.

Don't think we've had an objection yet

www.accessallareasdisco.co.uk

Proud members of the NADJ

Quote Originally Posted by katman View Post
    This whole political correctness thing with regards to taking photos of children really annoys me.

I have virtually no photographs of me as a child teenager or young adult because when I was growing up photography was expensive and cine movies were very expensive and silent.

We now live in an age where both photographs and video are effectively free once you have bought the camera as you dont have to buy film or pay for developing unless you want actual prints but personally I would rather see my holiday photos on a 42" TV than a tiny 7x5 print.

Sadly because it is generally regarded that any one photographing children at play must have sinister motives, we are now being denied the opportunity to document our own children and their friends in the school play, messing about on the beach and growing up. The ACTUAL threat of inappropriate behavior or danger is very small yet the public perception thanks to the "do gooders" is that the risks are very high.

What makes it all the more gauling is that just like anti piracy measures on music and DVD, the only people it actually hinders are decent people. Those with criminal and immoral intentions will still achieve their objectives one way or another.

Rant over.
    It is not politically incorrect at all. Iften there are things in place to protect children.

When i worked at County, i can think of 2 occasions where we were asked not to use photographs of certain children in the press because those children were in foster care and essentially hidden from abusive parents that were trying to track them down.

Now what if said children were at a party with their foster family, and you took a photo and used it on your website. Its then very easy to narrow the search to a specific area and making it easier for children to be found.

Granted, there are those cases where parents are protective, end off...but usually if someone doesnt want a photo taken of a child, there is a ver very good reason for it.
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by katman View Post
    This whole political correctness thing with regards to taking photos of children really annoys me.

I have virtually no photographs of me as a child teenager or young adult because when I was growing up photography was expensive and cine movies were very expensive and silent.

We now live in an age where both photographs and video are effectively free once you have bought the camera as you dont have to buy film or pay for developing unless you want actual prints but personally I would rather see my holiday photos on a 42" TV than a tiny 7x5 print.

Sadly because it is generally regarded that any one photographing children at play must have sinister motives, we are now being denied the opportunity to document our own children and their friends in the school play, messing about on the beach and growing up. The ACTUAL threat of inappropriate behavior or danger is very small yet the public perception thanks to the "do gooders" is that the risks are very high.

What makes it all the more gauling is that just like anti piracy measures on music and DVD, the only people it actually hinders are decent people. Those with criminal and immoral intentions will still achieve their objectives one way or another.

Rant over.
    We've had this subject raised many times over and it usually gets a bit heated and lots of mis-information gets brought in to play so I'm just going to say I agree 100% with the sentiment of the comments Katman has made here.

No disrespect to Teenypops, who's OP raises some valid issues for discussion, but I fear we'll get the same old replies and the thread will end up going round in circles. If you want the facts of what you can and can't do, then best consult a solicitor or get advice from one of several photographer associations - they're best placed to advise on this compared to a forum of DJs. That way, you only get facts and it keeps personal opinion, feelings and misinformation out of the equation.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

From a legal point of view - not an issue (as has been mentioned), however, I understand your reluctance.

As a workable solution, why not get the permission of the party organiser to take some photographs, then host the photos you've taken on-line privately; give the link to the party organiser to circulate to all the parents to see if anyone has any objection to photos being used in your publicity? If you don't receive any complaints, all's good. If you do, you can identify the photos with the particular child in question and don't use the photos that they are in.

Every two years I hold a free party for family and friends kids. I provide a bit food (sandwich, crisps, fruit and a drink)

My disclaimer is on my netbook which is in the van at the moment, but I will post it up for all to see in the next few days.

As promised
    Thanks for taking interest in GDK Entertainments publicity party. This party is invite only, and you can only receive if you agree to the conditions below.

The party itself is at Torrens Public House, North Hylton Rd, Sunderland on Sunday 28th October 2012, starting at 11:30 and finishing at 13:30. GDK Entertainments will also provide a packed lunch for each child. There is no charge for this party.

There is three conditions to agree to; one for photography & video footage, one for the food that we provide and finally about your child’s health.

Please return this letter completed to me no later than 1st October 2012.

Gary D Kenny
    GDK Entertainments

Photography & video footage
    We will take photographs and video footage of the children at this event. We may use these images in our printed publications that we produce, as well as on our website including business profiles on Facebook, Twitter & YouTube.

To comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, we need your permission before we can take photos and video of your child(ren) for promotional purposes. Please answer questions 1 to 4 below, then sign and date the form where shown. This form will kept on file as long as the photos and video footage are used.

Please circle your answer (NB if you answer no for any question you will not receive an invite):
    1. May we use your child’s photos & video in printed publications that we produce for promotional purposes? Yes / No
    2. May we use your child’s image and video on our website? Yes / No
    3. Are you happy for your child to appear in the media? Yes / No?
    4. Are you prepared to stay in the Torrens Public House for the 2 hour party? Yes / No

Please note that websites can be viewed throughout the world and not just in the United Kingdom where UK law applies.

Conditions of use of photos & videos for GDK Entertainments:
    1. We will not use the personal details or full names (which means first name and surname) of any child or adult in a photographic image on our website or in any our other printed publications.
    2. We will not include personal e-mail or postal addresses, or telephone or fax numbers on our website, or in any other printed publications.
    3. We may use group photographs with very general labels, such as “Musical Bumps” or “It’s X Factor time!”.
    4. We will only use images of children who are suitably dressed (i.e. trousers or jeans), to reduce the risk of such images being used inappropriately.

The food that we provide
    Sandwich preference(s):

Crisps preference(s):

Fruit preference(s):

Any food allergies:

Juice will also be provided on the day. I cannot guarantee that the food will free be of nut traces.

About your child’s health
    By signing this disclaimer you as a parent/guardian are responsible for the health of your child for the duration of the party and that you deem them to be “medically fit” to take part.

Please sign below
    Child's Name(s):

Parent’s or guardian’s signature & date:

Name (in block capitals):