Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Equinox Foldable DJ Screen

What do they say what comes around around again,these type of screens are basically the same idea that mobiles used in the 1960s a frame covered in a transparent material that were hinged so they could form a free standing screen,then i used to stick a couple of Tutor 11 projectors behind usually with oil or graphics wheel hey presto you have something pretty similar. I would think very easy to make yourself nowadays.

www.tonyjamesdisco.co.uk

The screen came in very handy on Sat, i had a 150 strong rowdy bunch in a marquee on a dance floor capable of holding 70!

My speakers almost got knocked over 5 times and the whole set would have been destroyed if it were not for the chair and screen.
    The floor was rammed all night so i was on edge all that time. great to have a packed floor but very stressful.
    They had provided all sorts of free booze all day and everyone was literally legless - never seen so many drunk people!

You could make one yourself Tony but for the sake of £135 (blue Arans Jam Club) is it worth the hassle to make one that light and portable?
    Fair enough is someone wants to spend half of their week doing this but i have other things to do

Name:  IMG_0394.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  106.6 KB
    Last edited by yourdj; 15-10-2012 at 04:17 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I agree Toby.
    I was going to say, I haven't had to wash the covers as yet either. One of my thoughts when I got the screens was that there may be people drinking on the dance floor or near them (when we all know they shouldn't be!), that may spill their drinks and I expected red wine dots etc etc but so far, so good.
    I really like them. I know they aren't everyones cup of tea and all that but they are simple little things that can look effective and add that extra little bit of safety for the equipment. At the end of the day I'd much rather something happened to them than someone bang straight into my deckstand. They have to come through that before they can get to me. Yes, I could go for a booth and that may be more secure but simple fact is, I don't really want a booth.
    Agreed, you could make them yourself and yes there was stuff like this around many, many moons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    What do they say what comes around around again,these type of screens are basically the same idea that mobiles used in the 1960s a frame covered in a transparent material that were hinged so they could form a free standing screen,then i used to stick a couple of Tutor 11 projectors behind usually with oil or graphics wheel hey presto you have something pretty similar. I would think very easy to make yourself nowadays.
    Funny you say that - I've been thinking they'd also make great panels to be suspended and projected onto.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    Funny you say that - I've been thinking they'd also make great panels to be suspended and projected onto.
    Which is exactly what DJKit have done in their showroom mate.
    I mentioned this when I bought mine from them.
    They have about 40 screens all connected to eachother and suspended and it looks like a huge video wall. They weren't projecting any videos on to them when I was there but had lasers and other lights covering them and that looked pretty cool.

My lycra is in vanish as we speak over night so see if the red wine comes out or not?
    I will dye them black if not

I think i am doing a write up in pro mobile on this so keep your eyes out.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Good luck with that.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

My lycra is in vanish as we speak over night so see if the red wine comes out or not?
    The simpleton and lover of backup in me wonders if knowing a seamstress might be of value. I'm assuming that it wouldn't be beyond the wit of Man ( Woman? ) to make replacement panels, possibly of different colours. Thus you could wash one, use one.

Re stability, I think I'd rather put my trust in a DSB to repel boarders. Glad to hear the screens worked for you Toby.

PS. I saw some of them with an Acme Mirrage behind them, and that looked superb.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I think i am doing a write up in pro mobile on this so keep your eyes out.
    I've managed to get red wine stains out of the screen, no problem. All I have to worry about is the blood stains

Glad to hear that they do the job of protecting your gear, which is the main reason I want them for.
    The only negative feedback I have heard is from a guy who said they were to heavy and bulky and that is why he is not selling them.
    Still waiting for a delevery date although I have been told something very similar is about to come out.
    I agree Toby, for the price they cost, it is better to buy than make.

You can buy replacement screens.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Equino...item2ec21a2aef