Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What did you think of BPM?

Default What did you think of BPM?

A thread to discuss the highlights and lowlights of the BPM show itself.

I went today for about 2 hours this afternoon for a wander. As I will be meeting you guys tomorrow, i'm sure there will be lots to talk about so I thought i'd have a look round on my own today for a bit.

Overall it's as good as ever i'd say.
    - The Pioneer stand is, as ever commanding a lot of attention as is the American DJ stand. I would imagine Pizza will be in limited supply tomorrow
    - The PA demo area seems bigger this year with a lot more PA systems. I didn't get to listen but disappointed not to see the FBT Vertus in there.
    - The FBT Vertus is being used on the Denon stand (in white) and to my ears it rocked. They were using 3 units per side with some booth monitors too.
    - For me as a Traktor user, the Native Instruments stand was disappointing. Not many demo points and the S2 which I had gone to see was not even there.
    - Interesting Moving Head podiums from Ultimax

Lots more to see tomorrow ...

having not been before nothing to compare with all though i did expect it to be bigger....

my feet are killing me had a good time although i did leave feeling why am i going back tomorrow other than to meet you guys off the forum looking forward to seeing Angela's mdd signs.

I expect i will take more interest in the workshops tomorrow and hope to grasp a slice of adj pizza, as for tonight i guess im taking it easy and letting my feet have a rest.
    Bournemouth Disco's
    Making Your Night A Good Good Night
    http://www.bournemouthdisco.com

After last year's show I just decided it wasn't for me,

but this year curiosity got the better of me and at the last minute I relented and headed up the M6 to the show.

I got there just as the fanfare of welcome was blasted out by Denon and bustled my way in with a small crowd of people all eager to get in.

And as I walked in I was greeted with what I can only describe as a dark smoke filled hall with the Denon DJ doing the obligitory blast off routine.

I went with an open mind and prepared to give it another chance, but In my opinion the show seemed a lot smaller than last year.

I really didn't get excited by what was on offer.

I headed over to the ultimax stand to pick up some g-clamps and they were at a great price - so thank you for that.

I also went and spoke to Alex at DJEP and had a great demo of the revamped DJEP client portal - now that was good to see.

After that I wandered around the hall looking for moments of inspiration but even the glare of the VDJ stand failed to impress.

So overall I haven't changed my mind about the show - dissapointing apart from a couple of moments of interest.

So what did you get out of the show?
    -------------------------------------------------------

www.vip-disco.co.uk

For those of us who couldnt make it, it would also be good to get info on any new products that are being launched. Especially lighting products.

Too be honest i was not there long and only brought a few things..
    It was pretty much the same as last year as many stalls was in the same place.
    I was looking for a new sound system to go with my other 3..I use RCF but i listened to the rcf speakers on the 12 o clock demo and they sounded very poor..If i had never brought rcf before i certainly would not wasting my money on them.. So although the demo is good to listen to speakers it depends alot where the speakers are situated in the demo area because peavey sounded very good and so did most of the speakers on the inside but further you went out the worse they got.. I was impressed with the DB and FBT Speakers and i think i may go for them..
    Now would i go again? No but i said that last year and still went..

Default Anyone going tomorrow

I went to bpm for the first time Saturday, thought it was great, didn't buy anything as its a bit overwhelming with so much stuff.
    Is anyone going there on Monday? I really want to chat with the "open air photo booth" guys but have no way of contacting them until they go back to America, so if anyone is going there tomorrow could I either get them to find a cell number for me to contact them or see if they can call me. Long shot I know!

Thanks David

Got bak about an hour ago, too me longer to get there than I was there, what a complete waste of time.
    Loads of goodies on show, "ooh can I buy that, err no we don't have stock here, but you can order it" wha'ts the point of that, I can order it without driving 250 miles and paying a tenner to park! The prolight stand had the equinox front screen, all nicely lit up and in a prominant position, I asked about whether thay would bring out black cloths for it, as I already have one, "ermm no never been asked that before, anyway you can't buy the screens untill december at the earleist, as they are out of stock" whats the point of having them there then.

Daren

Quote Originally Posted by djdavepowell View Post
    I went to bpm for the first time Saturday, thought it was great, didn't buy anything as its a bit overwhelming with so much stuff.
    Is anyone going there on Monday? I really want to chat with the "open air photo booth" guys but have no way of contacting them until they go back to America, so if anyone is going there tomorrow could I either get them to find a cell number for me to contact them or see if they can call me. Long shot I know!

Thanks David
    David they have a website:

http://openairphotobooth.com/

All the infomation that you require is there.

Ha just re-read your post "have no way of contacting them until they go back to America" sorry!
    Last edited by welby; 07-10-2012 at 09:08 PM.

www.vip-disco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by sxboy View Post
    anyway you can't buy the screens untill december at the earleist, as they are out of stock" whats the point of having them there then.

Daren
    That will be the slow boat from China again---just got my speaker that was on the last one in to Harwich or wherever they dock

This is supposed to be a trade show, featuring new products, not a car boot sale selling stuff as cheaply as possible.

I can't believe people are negative about this. It's not about going to buy stuff ffs...

Did you come and meet any of the MDD in the bar? Did you network with anyone? Did you talk to any manufacturers about their products?

I did. I had a conversation with Rik from Pioneer, a long chat about LEDS with a very interesting man, I chatted to Grumpy Joes about their poseur tables and floors, had a lengthy discussion and got a few ideas from the guys at open air photo booth. I even went and listened to a couple of seminars and watched some very clever (if not relevant to me) turntablists and mixers.

I also forgot to mention the free pizza and give aways and fun at the ADJ stand and also the sound demo's put on by RSD music - fantastic idea. They had big club systems, 'road warrior' system and the line array type systems too.
    Last edited by Solitaire Events Ltd; 08-10-2012 at 04:30 PM.