Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford Transit Connect for DJing

Default Ford Transit Connect for DJing

Hi there,

I was wondering if any of you use a Ford Transit Connect for DJing, if you do, how much equipment can you fit in it?

The reason why I ask is because I'm starting to look into getting a small van for DJing at the end of this year, start of next year and wondering what sort of size van I will need?

If you have any pictures of your van fully loaded, if you don't mind, please could you upload them for me to see?

Cheers,

Tom.

Personal experience, no. One notable former member got his gear in no problem ( although he wasn't noted for using huge amounts of gear ), but young Shaun ( Flatliners ) struggled to get his kit in. All depends how much kit you have. Don't forget that there's a long wheelbase version of the Connect, which should hold more kit. I don't know how the Connect compares with the midi sized vans, but many folk on here manage with the likes of Fiat Scudo, Peugeot Expert, Citroen Dispatch et al.

Hmmmm, I wonder if I can feel a poll coming on?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I use the Citroen Dispatch , 2m on the diagonal , so every thing fits with room to spare
    ie , my standard rig ( plenty of pics on here) 4 X 4 bags of uplights , 1.5 m trusslite podium, ADJ spereion , and there is still room.

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Default Transit Connect

Had the Diesel one for around 4 years and i loved it!
    side loader loads of room easily got a full rig in inc bass bins
    Large 16 channel Band desk and mountains of lights too!
    I changed it for a terrible Combo which was horrid!
    I still miss my Connect allthough the Skodas Perfect for me.
    DAVESOUNDS DISCO PUBLIC ADDRESS & PAT TESTING SERVICES BASED IN WAKEFIELD

"It didnt do that the last time i plugged it in!"

http://www.davesounds.co.uk/

If you stack it floor to roof you may get away with it, not much room in them to be honest, the back seems pretty small to me, but yet some people manage to get away using a car. It obviously depends what your using, I would say go bigger, you could very quickly outgrow it if your good, it's a hell of a lot more hassle switching vans redoing insurance etc if you need a bigger one, best to do it at the start I would say, save money on the added expense. of switching because you outgrow it.

I ran a one for many years brilliant van ,i would suggest you go for the LWB version which also has a tad more head room.

Thanks guys for all your feedback!

I will continue with my search to find a decent Ford Transit Connect LWB van for DJing.

Default hi

i use a lwb transit connect and it gets all my gear in (just about)
    2 x bass bins
    three top speakers
    2 x playout flight cases
    several other cases
    a few crates
    dj stand homemade
    lights
    other stuff
    the wife as well lol(in the front seat mind you)
    even though its a lwb sometimes have to just poke over the front seat with certain trussing but then the wife has to drive herself to the gig
    overall a great van although i would look at something a little longer if looking again
    hadyn

As others have said it depends how much gear you need to take (both now and plans for the future)

I have been hiring a transit connect when I need to take a bit more gear and have found it perfect. Small and compact but gets my liteconsole, bass bins and tops, lights, playout etc in with room to spare (and fits the trolley in too)

On friday my job required a pair of TV screens so I had to borrow the LWB version!!

Matt

What about the option of the Dispatch / Expert / Scudo?

They are only a fraction larger (externally, but both load & passenger (seats 3 inc driver) space is quite a bit bigger) & are usually cheaper than Connects.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries