Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Website critique please ;-)

Default Website critique please ;-)

The number of enquiries generated from my website has started to drop off dramatically and I'm wondering why ...

My site is http://www.warwickshireweddingdj.co.uk

I've dropped in a small price increase but these are still within 'average' prices for a Wedding DJ. I have good google rankings for my area with the usual searches that I can think of.

So I'm wondering what problem is?
    Price shoppers will of course look at the Price page and leave from there, but a fair percentage are leaving from the home page.

So what is not grabbing them and saying 'I must enquire with Warwickshire Wedding DJ'!!???

I know you aren't all going to give away your trade secrets but any surplus enquiries generally end up offered on here, so be nice to me ;-)

Cheers.

The most obvious thing I could see, is all the pics on the home page have a night clubby look/feel, non really shout out 'Wedding' to me. Maybe you could put your contact form inside the site rather than the front page, it may come over as a bit 'pushy' to some.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

I actually think it DOES look weddingy! In fact the site looks very good to me. Maybe just a lull in enquiries at the moment which does happen. You'll probably get a dozen next week!
    Maybe you're missing out on some other parties like landmark birthdays. Your wedding charge might be putting them off perhaps? £345 is a lot for a family knees up!
    Last edited by musicologydisco; 20-10-2012 at 12:22 PM.

First impressions is that it doesn't really grab me straight away. Maybe cut down on the text content so I don't have to scroll down (bugbear for me on sites). This can be moved to sub sections of the site?

The pictures of the kit I would be tempted to change to something more emotive or even a head shot of yourself professionally done?
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Hi Dave, There are a few issues looking at the site from a clients point of view.

1. The T&C page. You advertise specificly as a wedding DJ but have a childerens party clause? why? delete it!

2. Contact page. Why do you have one if all it does is tell your client to look elsewhere? Make it simple for the client, there is nothing more fustrating than going to a page just to be told to look elsewhere. Put your contact info on the contact page! not hidden in a corner - or just take out the contact page as it is of no use.

3. Some of the wording could be better. I'd take out the Birdie song and agadoo reference. If people just skim words thats what they will see and think that's what you play. I would also take out the iTunes reference, doesn't sound professional to a client that you use iTunes. Plus the licence conditions is for personal use only!

4. The pictures that rotate arn't anywhere as good as the ones in your gallery?

5. Prices on your site are a double edge sward. Fair play to you for actually putting your prices on your prices page. There is nothing more fustrating than clicking on a prices page only to see - call us or prices depend on many factors! What I would suggest though is removing the entire content and tell your clients what they will expect for thier hard earned cash, how you will realise thier dream and prices start from £xx's - You want them to contact you - that's the whole point!

Nothing major though Dave, but will make a big difference Hope some of that is helpful.

I would say its an excellent site! Cant really fault it too much.

Cut the text down.
    Add some pro pics on the top bit. The landing page B&G do not look too appealing.
    I would cut down ALL the menus and make the contact easier as its currently on the right nab bar.

Looking at my stats most the people only ever visit a few pages. What are most important is down to your clients, so just see where people land.
    Add them as the main Vavigation and make the others for people who want to delve deeper.

It says the DJ but there is not proper photo of you. I would suggest getting a few pro shots done.
    This can cost less than £100 and is well worth it!

Good luck
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

First of all, thanks all for your feedback. Individual reponses below

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    .... all the pics on the home page have a night clubby look/feel, non really shout out 'Wedding' to me. Maybe you could put your contact form inside the site rather than the front page, it may come over as a bit 'pushy' to some.
    I'm not sure that they are clubby, but I could do with a few more bride photos I think. In terms of the contact form I can see what you mean, i'm not sure it's pushy, it's not meant to be, it's just to make it easy for them to contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by musicologydisco View Post
    Maybe you're missing out on some other parties like landmark birthdays. Your wedding charge might be putting them off perhaps? £345 is a lot for a family knees up!
    This site is purely focussed on weddings and the SEO is designed to bring only people searching for wedding discos / dj to the site. I have another site for a family knees up but most of that work i tend to get organically anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    First impressions is that it doesn't really grab me straight away.
    Good! That's what I'm trying to solve!

Maybe cut down on the text content so I don't have to scroll down (bugbear for me on sites). This can be moved to sub sections of the site?
    I guess my thought was the home page should tell them a little bit about everything they need to know and then they can click through ... I will look at making it more concise. Is clicking through worse than scrolling down? What should I aiming to be getting in the eyeline right away?

The pictures of the kit I would be tempted to change to something more emotive or even a head shot of yourself professionally done?
    Good point. I guess. I will look for a decent shot of me to put in it's place or even consider getting one done. The thing is with the picture of the kit, and I know we should not sell on kit, but how does the customer differentiate between what they consider to be good or bad. The images portray a neat and tidy (if not slightly minimal) set up. rather than 15 lights on a goalpost with wires everywhere. I'll give this some thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Collins View Post

1. The T&C page. You advertise specificly as a wedding DJ but have a childerens party clause? why? delete it!
    Thanks. I will remove this

2. Contact page. Why do you have one if all it does is tell your client to look elsewhere? Make it simple for the client, there is nothing more fustrating than going to a page just to be told to look elsewhere. Put your contact info on the contact page! not hidden in a corner - or just take out the contact page as it is of no use.
    I might just switch to having a Contact page and remove the column on the right hand side.

3. Some of the wording could be better. I'd take out the Birdie song and agadoo reference. If people just skim words thats what they will see and think that's what you play. I would also take out the iTunes reference, doesn't sound professional to a client that you use iTunes. Plus the licence conditions is for personal use only!

4. The pictures that rotate arn't anywhere as good as the ones in your gallery?
    I will take a look and see if any are useful for the wide slider ... or perhaps it is time for a new template

5. Prices on your site are a double edge sward. Fair play to you for actually putting your prices on your prices page. There is nothing more fustrating than clicking on a prices page only to see - call us or prices depend on many factors! What I would suggest though is removing the entire content and tell your clients what they will expect for thier hard earned cash, how you will realise thier dream and prices start from £xx's - You want them to contact you - that's the whole point!
    Will have a look at the wording here. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I would say its an excellent site! Cant really fault it too much.

Cut the text down.
    Add some pro pics on the top bit. The landing page B&G do not look too appealing.
    I will have a look at the pictures that I have and perhaps a template change.

Looking at my stats most the people only ever visit a few pages. What are most important is down to your clients, so just see where people land. Add them as the main Vavigation and make the others for people who want to delve deeper.
    I assume you mean 'Navigation' lol ... but i concur with the page visits.

It says the DJ but there is not proper photo of you. I would suggest getting a few pro shots done.
    This can cost less than £100 and is well worth it!

Good luck
    As above I will look at this. I actually know a good photographer who may be able to help.

Default stats?

Do you monitor stats on the site? Are you getting fewer visitors? If so, it could be you've fallen victim to one of Google's recent changes to the way they rank sites. If you've dropped down the rankings, that would explain it all.