Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Website nearly there, your opinions?

Default Website nearly there, your opinions?

Well all, I've written it all myself.

Mike from Web Nation has been very patient, lol!

I'm going to get a pro head shot of myself done with my bestest smile for the 'about me' page and obviously look at swapping the dummies for realies over the festives.

I also need some equipment photos too.

I've had a few enquiries come through from it already, which is pleasing.

I just wanted your opinions good and bad.

Some days I look at it and am very proud and other days I cringe, lol!

I suppose I find it difficult bulling myself up as I'm a down to earth Northern lass, anyway I've ran for cover for fear of the onslaughts!!

It's www.sarah'sroadshow.co.uk

Sarah x

Isn't the web address http://www.sarahsroadshow.co.uk?

I like it. Apart from the stock images.
    I use a few stock images but also add some real content as clients will not buy in to the idea.

It will definitely intrigue people as there are not many female DJ's so that is definitely a very strong USP.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Aye, keep me reet Gazza!

Thanks Toby, I hope to have some real photos on there soon.

Sarah x

Perhaps this statement

'I took time out to have my little girl in 2007, have had some health problems but am thankfully fit, well and bursting with enthusiasm again!'

could be sending the message - 'young child and a history of illness - what happens if the daughter is ill or your health takes a turn for the worse on my wedding day?' Some people may read a negative into it and you don't want to give potential clients any reason not to book you.

Right, I really never would've thought of it like that.

I did really deliberate over what to write in the 'about me' section.

I was always very conscious of looking like I was playing the sympathy card, yet felt my absence from the game kinda warranted an explanation.

I had a mother say it was this page that appealed to her to book her child's party, but I guess it's horses for courses.

You've really given me something to think about there, as the last message I want to send out is that I'm likely to let a client down due to having a small child and past health problems.

Thanks for that.

Sarah x

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post

I was always very conscious of looking like I was playing the sympathy card, yet felt my absence from the game kinda warranted an explanation.

I had a mother say it was this page that appealed to her to book her child's party, but I guess it's horses for courses.

You've really given me something to think about there, as the last message I want to send out is that I'm likely to let a client down due to having a small child and past health problems.

Thanks for that.

Sarah x
    No problem - I don't think you need to explain anything really, wait until you're asked (if ever) rather than volunteering information about periods when you weren't DJ'ing and past health issues etc. But I think I remember reading somewhere that people do like the family angle, so perhaps a little more about your daughter (especially in relation to kids parties) could be a positive thing.

The other thing that stood out to me was on the What We Do' page.

You're covering every type of event in just a few paragraphs.

You mention pubs and karaoke gigs before weddings - probably not the way a prospective bride would want to see her special day prioritised - I think weddings deserve a page of their own (or at least the top half of a page).

But I'm being ultra picky - the general feeling from your site is very positive and friendly but on the right side of professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post

Thanks for that.

Sarah x
    Personally I don't think you need to explain.

I took almost ten years out because I was concentrating on my main career. This year I had to arrange cover for 2 gigs because I was ill. They are booking me because I am me, i'm a human being and i'm not invincible. The clients that I had to arrange cover for were very understanding and grateful that I had arranged cover and that's the beauty of networking.

Looks good. I personally would not mention about any health problems at all. Personally, if I was booking a DJ for my wedding and he/she had mentioned they have or had health problems it makes me feel uneasy if he/she is going to be fit and well enough to do my gig. I know it may be wrong, but I personally would think that and move on. I think it's irrelevant to mention any time out due to health.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    Perhaps this statement

'I took time out to have my little girl in 2007, have had some health problems but am thankfully fit, well and bursting with enthusiasm again!'

could be sending the message - 'young child and a history of illness - what happens if the daughter is ill or your health takes a turn for the worse on my wedding day?' Some people may read a negative into it and you don't want to give potential clients any reason not to book you.
    Sorry, but I think you are thinking too much sir!
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever