Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is is quiet?

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    I am starting a new business venture (non disco related), so a lot of my time (and money) is tied up with that.

Daryll
    Ditto, mainly concentrating on my new photography business and getting to grips with digital photography in general (not as easy as it looks lol)

Justin

Does all of the above mean that the majority of DJ's on here are busy diversifying their businesses? That doesn't paint a pretty picture of the market for pure DJ/Disco Entertainment?

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

We have certainly diversified away from just solely doing discos! Still read the boards on a daily basis though
    http://www.premier-ltd.com DJ's, Dance floors, LED Furniture, Staging, Lighting, Draping, Audio & Visual Hire

I too also don’t just offer discos, I now offer Buffets and Balloons, I have all the necessary training, Skills and Qualifications so why let them go to waste when I can top up the pennies and make paying the bills easier
    Maidstone Based Professional Disco
    www.lasersounds.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    Does all of the above mean that the majority of DJ's on here are busy diversifying their businesses? That doesn't paint a pretty picture of the market for pure DJ/Disco Entertainment?

Julian
    Why?

I think that by and large, with the exception of a relatively small proportion of die-hards, mobile DJ'ing is a highly transient profession.

Over the years I've seen so many names come and go which simply isn't reflected in other business segments I've been involved with.

So...what are the good FB groups to Join? (in addition to my regular check ins on here, of course)

I'd welcome the chance to network on an FB DJ group....but typing in "Mobile Disco" into facebook search seems to bring up little else but Simian Mobile Disco

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    I think that by and large, with the exception of a relatively small proportion of die-hards, mobile DJ'ing is a highly transient profession.

Over the years I've seen so many names come and go which simply isn't reflected in other business segments I've been involved with.
    There are not that many full timers when compared to par timers. No idea on the percentage of serious DJ's, but I would imagine its high?
    I am currently just a DJ, but I do get itchy feet and want to do other things as its a lonely life sitting at home all day
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I use to come on here and post more when I was still fairly new to the industry and had tons of questions for which I had no answer.

Thanks to the forum I've made lots of contacts in the industry (who naturally I interact with more offline now) and its certainly helped my game to the point where I am working more and being focused on that.

Certainly FB groups will have an impact but it has to be said I've not found one (apart from the MDD one) where it isn't full of.......keyboard warriors (only family friendly way of putting it) so check in on here regularly more to answer other peoples questions rather than asking them myself.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Certainly FB groups will have an impact but it has to be said I've not found one (apart from the MDD one) where it isn't full of.......keyboard warriors (only family friendly way of putting it) so check in on here regularly more to answer other peoples questions rather than asking them myself.
    There are some busy ones, but god, is there some mis-information being spouted as gospel, and so much abuse!